RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions on the 2010 Range rover trailer connected system/ trailer backing assist. I have been towing with my 2008 for years and just put a brake controller on my 2010 to pull my enclosed trailer with.

On my 2008 model

This trailer is all LED and with my 08 it would not see that a trailer was connected, I took my oscilloscope and probed the wires and figured out it sends a 4 volt pulse every second on the trailer Turn signal wires and the LED lights were not enough draw to tell the truck a trailer was connected, I put resistors to ground on the turn signal wires and all was good, The trucks green trailer connected light would light up and the parking sensors would disable ect.

Today was the first time i have hooked up this trailer to my 2010 autobiography,

1st, The trailer connected light would only light up when the turn signals were on and it flashed in sync with the turn signals, I am assuming that the light should stay on the whole time a trailer is connected like my 08?

2ed, May be related to the last question, But from what i read i should get a pop up screen that prompts that a trailer is connected in the center screen to setup the backing assist. I am not getting this screen.

It seems the truck is not seeing that a trailer is connected. The 08 and 10 obviously have different systems. Does anyone have any incite to how the 2010 model looks for a trailer?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tested the truck today with a trailer tester i built with 3 incandescent truck tail lights wired to a 7 way plug. It acted the exact same. Trailer icon would blink with turn signals but was off the rest of the time and the rear parking sensors were active also. So it is not a trailer problem. It must need to be flashed/programmed to activate trailer mode.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
181 Posts
I installed the LR trailer kit on my 2009, and the green trailer light is on all the time. I was told that the trailer icon should only light/flash when the directionals are on. It does shut off the parking sensors as advertised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts