RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine had one of 2010 tail lights warrantied so i got it from him and tried it out. It fits exactly the same, works almost exactly the same and the only thing different is when you turn on your left or right blinkers you get the fast blinker warning from the car thinking the bulb is out. If you can live with that then you certainly wont need resistors. Here are some comparison pics for everyone to see.

Stock tail light

2010 tail light

06-09 plug

2010 plug

both lights on my sport

all tail lights on

Dash so you can see theres no errors

·
Registered
521 Posts
Oh very nice. So they are just plug and play?

Wonder where I can get a set?

And how are the resistors installed anyways?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Goinkin said:
Oh very nice. So they are just plug and play?

Wonder where I can get a set?

And how are the resistors installed anyways?
Hi everyone. FYI: I bought a pair of these lights 3 weeks ago for my 2007 sport from the UK for around $500 a pair. I installed a 6 ohm, 25 watt resistor in each light between the turn signal wire and ground. They work great so far and no fast flashing turn signal light. The website is http://www.famousfour.co.uk . The resistor I google" led resistor" and order them for a led shop for about $20.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a good site, thanks for the heads up. Yea those are a set i bought a while back from ebay uk but paid over 700 shipped. I dont really care to put them on my car now, im gonna prolly do a full 2010 conversion this summer. I just have an extra from my buddy who warrantied it at the dealer.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
You have too much time on your hands jbrac.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
jbrac25 said:
I just have an extra from my buddy who warrantied it at the dealer.
Looks like it works ok, what was wrong w it? :think: Also, don't they take back the old part as part of their claim process?

He should get them to warranty the other one as well, then you'll have a set. :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what i told him but hes slacking off. Somehow it got cracked along the edges which is fairly hard to tell. Somewhere down the line ill just color code it haha.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
jbrac25 said:
Thats what i told him but hes slacking off.
I HATE slackers!

·
Registered
748 Posts
How the hell did the dealer warrantee the part without a technician filling out the right paperwork and getting the part to the parts department? That is an automatic kickback for the dealership.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anyone else have a set yet? I am thinking about retrofitting this on my 2008 but from the looks of it, only LED is the brake light? Although fast blinking for the blinkers also seems to indicate LED turns...

Did adding resistors fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
sbkim said:
Anyone else have a set yet? I am thinking about retrofitting this on my 2008 but from the looks of it, only LED is the brake light? Although fast blinking for the blinkers also seems to indicate LED turns...

Did adding resistors fix this?

Thanks
All the bulbs in the assembly are LEDs. Yes, the resistor did the trick.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
198 Posts
storm said:
Hi everyone. FYI: I bought a pair of these lights 3 weeks ago for my 2007 sport from the UK for around $500 a pair. I installed a 6 ohm, 25 watt resistor in each light between the turn signal wire and ground. They work great so far and no fast flashing turn signal light. The website is http://www.famousfour.co.uk . The resistor I google" led resistor" and order them for a led shop for about $20.
Storm, they are selling uk spec for 125 pounds each. THose work on the US RRS?

·
Registered
8 Posts
jakoh said:
storm said:
Storm, they are selling uk spec for 125 pounds each. THose work on the US RRS?
No, those lights don't, however, after sending them an email for a shipping quote,they inform me that the ones I seen on the website are the UK versions and I would need the US version which was a little bit more money.

·
Registered
204 Posts
rleepremier said:
Has anyone successfully done a front conversion yet?
If you want to update to the 2010 front lights I believe you will have to pretty much change out your entire front end.....bumper cover, fenders, front grill, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts