RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When an ipod is played through my 2010 (non-premium) stereo, certain songs with have such a deep muddy bass that it rattles the interior trim at even moderate volumes. Some songs are so bad I can't even listen to them, others sound good to great. After 6 months of kind of putting up with it, I tried different EQ settings on the ipod. I found that if you set the EQ to "bass reduction" and turned the bass up to +5 or so, treble to +3, sub to +1 or even +2, that this problem goes away and it actually sounds pretty decent. It's like the output from the ipod has too much bass.

Have others noticed this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2010 and it turns out that the subwoofer was not fully tightened down when it left the factory. The service manager removed the leftmost rear trim panel in the back and tightened up a single nut securing the subwoofer. No problems since.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Range10Rover said:
I had a similar problem with my 2010 and it turns out that the subwoofer was not fully tightened down when it left the factory. The service manager removed the leftmost rear trim panel in the back and tightened up a single nut securing the subwoofer. No problems since.
God **** if you didn't solve the problem for me. I just looked in the back at my sub and there was a loose bolt. I tightened it and listened to a dozen tracks on the ipod with the EQ set to neutral or off and my bass turned up and the rattling is gone! I owe you big time :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: 6 months I've been annoyed by that! You've significantly improved my driving experience :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Most dealers would have changed out the complete sound system!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Range10Rover said:
Can't wait to try this tomorrow - I've had the same issue! I'm going to copy your post to the 2010 thread for good measure. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts