RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 RRSC with a 2097 Bank one....

Cleaned the MAF's, code took a lot longer to come back but eventually it did.

Looking at o2 sensors, and wondering about what are regular 02 sensor behaviour...

If I monitor the engine, what should I be seeing on my O2 sensor fluctuation in voltage... To determine if they need replacement?

I have read that after CAT o2 will level out and stay constant, mine are still bouncing around a bit...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 RRSC with a 2097 Bank one....

Cleaned the MAF's, code took a lot longer to come back but eventually it did.

Looking at o2 sensors, and wondering about what are regular 02 sensor behaviour...

If I monitor the engine, what should I be seeing on my O2 sensor fluctuation in voltage... To determine if they need replacement?

I have read that after CAT o2 will level out and stay constant, mine are still bouncing around a bit...

Thanks in advance!
What is the 2097 code? And what are using to monitor voltage? The GAP tool?

Once O2's go bad the voltage fluctuation slows down a lot. A new O2 will have voltage that swings extremely rapidly, basically the voltage will almost look like a "blur" to our eyes since it's changing so fast.

Since it sounds like you have some kind of monitoring capability, how do your fuel trims look?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Two part series on fuel trims-- excellent--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WnM_NsOtd8

From P2097 search

How to Fix

• Check the PCV hoses and vacuums for damages, replace components if necessary.
  • Clean the MAF sensor. ...
  • Check the fuel lines for cracks, pinches or leaks.
  • Inspect the fuel pressure at the fuel rail.
  • Inspect the fuel injectors for dirt. ...
  • Inspect the exhaust leak located before the first O2 sensor.

I doubt it is the O2 sensors. They will produce a code of their own if not functioning correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts