Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2007 RRSC
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my spoiler ended up somewhere else than on my rig, as many have experienced here already, but in my case, the camera left too. I called the dealer, and the camera is over $700. Not going to happen. There are cameras on ebay starting at $10 that are probably better than the one originally fitted. Has anyone replaced the camera in their 2010-2013 Sport? Apparently the '10-13 is a different part than the earlier models. Regardless, I'll go without if the camera electronics somehow will only work with the oem part. Anyone have success with an aftermarket camera using the oem wiring harness?

· Registered
4 Posts
Recalled these Sports in Japan about a year ago first:
12.05.20: Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism’s Vehicle Safety Recall in Japan on 2009-2011 year Land Rover Range Rover Sport vehicles stating “Upper rear spoiler covers detach from the main body of the rear spoiler whilst the vehicle is in motion, causing a risk of injury by striking pedestrians or other road users. The upper spoiler cover could also become an obstacle in the road for other road users and could increase the risk of an accident”. (exhibit 2)
Then:
20.10.2020: US SAFETY RECALL N499 (NHTSA 20V-623) on 21,834 (2010-2011 model year) Land Rover Range Rover Sport vehicles imported into the United States market in reference to the before, stating “should the upper rear spoiler cover detach from the main body of the rear spoiler while the vehicle is in motion, there is an unreasonable risk to safety. The upper rear spoiler cover could become an obstacle in the road for other road users and could increase the risk of a crash”. (exhibit 3)
Rear Spoilers are a problem.
Because if this got JLR to pay for a COMPLETE REPLACEMENT.
Yes the camera is a problem it changed around 2010 and the connector is different!!!
Tony - [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.