RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Saw these on ebay and though i have to have those!!!

Turned up today and fitted perfectly.
Only two screws each side...easy!!

What do you think??

Paul
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
I think it looks like an 06 with 2010 side vents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
TBH I don't like them :) Looks like the manufacturers had no budget for the design and just cobbled up something quick from a stock vent. :!:

I like the purity of the original 2 fin design, it was neat without being overstated. This just clashes with the smooth side flanks of the vehicle. IMHO it is horrible :(

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Nothing wrong with putting them on if you like them. My favorite is the SC vents for the last few years but they look nice and you will be the only one to have them (at least for a while).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
The stock vents look 1000% better to me. The original 2-vent design was the simplest and most elegant look as far as my eye is concerned. The later 3-vent look was a bit more fussy and smacked of change for change's sake and the Supercharged mesh always looked like something from Autozone. The 2010 side vents are the single worst new styling cue on a vehicle full of bad new styling cues. FWIW, they seem to fit well. Are they OEM?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
I like them. Currently I have a SC one, and will be upgrading to this one as soon as possible.

Do you have part number for them?

+ do you plan to upgrade rear lights to a new one from 2010?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alexandro said:
I like them. Currently I have a SC one, and will be upgrading to this one as soon as possible.

Do you have part number for them?

+ do you plan to upgrade rear lights to a new one from 2010?

Thanks!
I'v been looking for the rear lights but have yet to find them. I have fitted LED Indicators front, side and back though which look pretty cool with no errors etc.

Yep £195 plus shipping. Can't believe the responses re styling cues blah blah... come on its different to everyone else with supercharged side vents!! I got them as i quite like the new look.

jogguk said:
TBH I don't like them :) Looks like the manufacturers had no budget for the design and just cobbled up something quick from a stock vent. :!:

I like the purity of the original 2 fin design, it was neat without being overstated. This just clashes with the smooth side flanks of the vehicle. IMHO it is horrible :(

John
Clashes with the smooth side flanks of the vehicle..... What??? Come on... :roll: the Range Rover has no smooth side flanks!!! Its a box on wheels!!! A box i love to drive for its feel and not so much for its flanks!!

I know i asked what people thought so i suppose i should expect some criticism... lol

RE: Part numbers... not sure as i fitted them without inspecting them for numbers etc.
RE: Are they OEM... Yes they are 100%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
I think that putting updated bumpers/vent's/lights etc on a earlier year rover is stupid and a waste of money/time... That's just me though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Just cool down a little !!!

Different strokes for different folks as yhey say .

I dont like them either , i prefer my truck to be stock also , but i will not call anyone wanting to personalize stupid !!! .

its a free world , as long as the mods are not dangerous , let them do it .

Jaybear .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
paultuk said:
Clashes with the smooth side flanks of the vehicle..... What??? Come on... :roll: the Range Rover has no smooth side flanks!!! Its a box on wheels!!! A box i love to drive for its feel and not so much for its flanks!!

I know i asked what people thought so i suppose i should expect some criticism... lol
Just my opinion of course :lol: but I would have put the money towards buying a decent set of wheels :thumb: Again my personal opinion the 2 or 3 fin vents look good when painted the same body colour, especially on black RR's

john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jogguk said:
paultuk said:
Clashes with the smooth side flanks of the vehicle..... What??? Come on... :roll: the Range Rover has no smooth side flanks!!! Its a box on wheels!!! A box i love to drive for its feel and not so much for its flanks!!

I know i asked what people thought so i suppose i should expect some criticism... lol
Just my opinion of course :lol: but I would have put the money towards buying a decent set of wheels :thumb: Again my personal opinion the 2 or 3 fin vents look good when painted the same body colour, especially on black RR's

john
Decent set of wheels??? These are decent.... You mean some stupid 22" chrome crap which get curbed by the smallest curbs!!! Lol These wheels are perfect for me. They are OEM, 19" which means loads of rubber = no curbing.... You lot need to lighten up. Beginning to think that this forum isn't what it used to be!!

Flanks for the comments guys!!! :clap: :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Come on man, you ask for opinions and then criticize someone because he told you how he feels? :naughty:

I personally don't like them either, but its your opinion that counts. As long as you like them, thats fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I am amazed that you have the 2010 vents before the 2010's are in dealers! :thumb:

I personally prefer the 2006-09 SC vents to all others, but this is a close second. I like the look of all or the vents in general and I think, if I didn't already have a SC, I would go for these vents asap...but I won't pay for 3 prongs to cover the mesh. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Well, I have a side of original 2 vent side vents that I'll easy sell for £195 as an upgrade to anyone, as most seem to prefer these :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top