RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please confirm whether MPH shows up in the digital instrument panel. I can see that it shows it in the user manual, but can't get it to display on my Sport.

I took it to the dealer to have a tech look at it and was told that it only shows up when metric is selected for the units under the trip computer settings. I tried this, and it does show KPH, but it also converts everything else, the nav system voice speaks in metric terms, etc. Whenever I select MPH/MPG, it will not show the MPH in the display.

Before I purchased, I test drove a few others and they had the MPH.

If anyone has come across this and knows how to get it fixed or has any tech info that I can use, please let me know.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
I found that switching the settings from MPH to KPH brings up the digital speedo. Not sure why its not there in MPH mode.... :evil:

·
Registered
382 Posts
:think:
So I was trying to think of the reason from a logical perspective (which is a HUGE stretch for me). In doing so I've come to this conclusion;

In the U.S. market the vehicle is sold with the speedo showing MPH only not MPH with a smaller KPH below each number. Therefore it would be fair to assume in markets where the metric system is the rule that the speedo would be sold with just KPH.

For this reason I'm assuming MPH does not appear in the TFT screen as it is already reflected on the speedo (i.e. to avoid redundancy). However if the driver would like to also see KPH then he/she can change the units in the TFT to metric (as I've done) so you can see both!

Anyhoo, I was able to convince myself this was the reason! :?

·
Registered
115 Posts
WHAT???
I thought the government made us all change to the metric system in 1980 or was it 1990 or maybe 2000. Now you tell me that the speedometer doesn't have little kph numbers under the BIG mph numbers! Maybe you got somebody's special instrument cluster with MPH and Imperial gallons. It's not a Canadian vehicle is it?
Does this mean we won't be going to liters per Euro? You get a lot more liters per Euro than gallons per dollar!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Does anyone with a 2010 know if you can display the speed in knots anywhere?

·
Registered
50 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Yes, but you must first purchase the optional pitot tube and static port kit from LRNA. I recommend the heated pitot tube for colder climates. It integrates nicely with the cold-climate package. The kit provides measurements of ground speed, indicated airspeed, true airspeed, and calibrated airspeed in MPH, KPH, and knots. Unfortunately it will not show any of them on the TFT display if you choose MPH. But on the plus side, the kit enables the movable lines on your backup camera. A nice perk.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Sport2010 said:
gooseyloosey said:
Yes, but you must first purchase the optional pitot tube and static port kit from LRNA. I recommend the heated pitot tube for colder climates. It integrates nicely with the cold-climate package. The kit provides measurements of ground speed, indicated airspeed, true airspeed, and calibrated airspeed in MPH, KPH, and knots. Unfortunately it will not show any of them on the TFT display if you choose MPH. But on the plus side, the kit enables the movable lines on your backup camera. A nice perk.
`)

I feel a group buy coming.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Back on point, though, I pulled this picture today from the LRNA website. Does anybody have this feature?

[attachment=0:87kxfte0]optoly_us_l320_a-tft.jpg[/attachment:87kxfte0]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
petrolburner said:
Can't believe that the wheels can make 500 calculations per second, convert temp from C to F, but no MPH??
Don't stand for this, I would look into lemon laws in your state.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's it. I'm going to get a Sequoia now!

Actually, it would be nice to have the MPH feature. My wife's Mini has a digital display above the steering wheel even though there's a huge speedometer in the center. And, I always use the digial speedo. It's kind of like having a digital watch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We took our 2010 RRS SC in today for a few things and this was one of them. They said they are getting a custom program fix/upgrade for our Sport and it will take a couple of days but it will be done. We will see....

·
Registered
9 Posts
All of these pictures seem to be of Supercharged models. I wonder if its just for Supercharged?

Also, what is the "Forward Alert" option that is shown? I dont have that on my HSE model either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
.. slightly off topic I know, but I also noted that the latest RRS TV commercial (Tri State NY/NJ/CT) shows the interior temperature gauge set at 65 F. Ermm, I was told that they don't do odd numbers? Was my dealer telling me porkies?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SLRRSPORT said:
We took our 2010 RRS SC in today for a few things and this was one of them. They said they are getting a custom program fix/upgrade for our Sport and it will take a couple of days but it will be done. We will see....
he SLRRSPORT -- please let me know how this comes out. What dealer are you taking it to? I originally took mine to Cerritos and they told me they couldnt do anything. I spoke with a tech at Rancho Mirage and he seemed confident that they would be able to get it working by making sure it had the propor software updates. Same dealer/tech in Cerritos told me that they are not able to expose the option or turn on the daytime running lights -- and I mean just the front LEDs without the taillights coming on.

Maxdabrit said:
.. slightly off topic I know, but I also noted that the latest RRS TV commercial (Tri State NY/NJ/CT) shows the interior temperature gauge set at 65 F. Ermm, I was told that they don't do odd numbers? Was my dealer telling me porkies?
--mine shows degrees in both odd and even numbers.

...and by the way, even the LR website shows the digital MPH:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
SLRRSPORT, (or anyone), were you able to get that custom program written and installed to be able to show the MPH digitally on the display?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts