RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw the other post on the SatNav hack and I just couldn't wait. Waaay past my bed time, I grabbed the keys and rushed to the garage to try this out. I could only get 753 to work but I did find a bunch of pretty neat stuff there. Most of which I didn't want to play with for fear I won't be able to drive the car tomorrow. But I thought I'd share what it all looked like. I sure hope someone can dig up the code that gives access to mods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqz-AVMxSeY

Some more screen shots

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been messing around with this for a while now. I'm curious if there was ever any correlation between the old 1791 code and the diagnostic menu screens or the settings on the nav display when you view what features are locked out by LR. On the 2010, we have the option to see what was locked out by LR. The screen suggests its a binary value stored in a specific partition. Is this something you can view on the older vehicles (specifically the pre-2007 models that can use the 1791 hack)? If so, what information is on the screen? I'm wondering if it is different, and if so, if we can figure out some correlations between the code and the binary/partition associations.

On another note, the older Denso systems relied heavily on the numbers 1, 7, and 9 to access certain locked-out diagnostic features. Through trial and error, I figured out that 111791 will display the rear-view camera while in motion. This is also accessible from the diagnostic menu, but this inspired me to continue exploring. Perhaps other people can do the same.

Finally, I'm curious what happens if you run a USB cable from the car to a computer. I don't have a male to male USB cable, but I might go find one. If somebody has one laying around, give it a shot. Does a computer recognize the connected device?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The USB port in the 2010s is for audio playback only, no integration with the satnav I'm afraid. The shop updates maps and firmware for the hard drive based navigation system through Firewire (presumably located near the OBDII receptacle by the driver's foot well but I don't own a 2010 to verify where that Firewire receptacle might be...)

I don't recall a screen identifying what was or wasn't locked out in my 2006 diagnostics menu, unlike the 2010s. Sorry.

Keep hacking away, we are all pulling for you to get as lucky as I got back in 2006. :pray: Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
The system is running on QNX Neutrino, an embedded RTOS. To really get into the system there needs to be a way to get into the debug port which is typically either a serial port or network connection. I work with QNX almost every day, but I don't have a 2010 to mess with yet! It's also possible that the console/debug port has been connected to the main bus over one of the other protocols, but I'd be fairly certain that the nav computer(or where ever it's running) has some sort of connection on the board for debug.

Not to say the debug ports have been disabled, either. Someone willing to open up some hardware may give more indication, but looking for a debug port would possibly open up the system for us to at least dig into a command line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 hse lux I am able to view any of the five camera's when I am going forward without using the hack. Also, when it is on, the guiding lines disappear when going forward. Are there any other reasons to use the hack?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KCNick said:
I have a 2011 hse lux I am able to view any of the five camera's when I am going forward without using the hack. Also, when it is on, the guiding lines disappear when going forward. Are there any other reasons to use the hack?
The hack is for those without the 5 camera setup.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
KCNick said:
It may also be market specific. There are many toys that we don;t get here in the States because too many folks are too stupid to use common sense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah 2010 rrs autobiography I can view the cameras while I drive too. Mines a Canadian model. Still would like to figure out how to unlock the nav though. It is annoying having to stop everytime you want to do something on the nav. Grrr

·
Registered
282 Posts
10autobiography said:
Yeah 2010 rrs autobiography I can view the cameras while I drive too. Mines a Canadian model. Still would like to figure out how to unlock the nav though. It is annoying having to stop everytime you want to do something on the nav. Grrr
Agreed - I've asked the makers of previous unlock kits, and no one has figured it out yet fully.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts