RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2010 rrs hse and I need some running boards for it. Just wanted to ask a couple of questions on them. First, are the 09 oem r boards the same style and fitment as the 2010? They look pretty much the same and are about the same price. Is the fitment the same as well? And if so, is it difficult to install by yourself or is dealer installation recommended- drilling involved, etc? My closest dealer is about 1.5 hours away so if its a standard bolt on, I was going to try and install myself with the help of my brother. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I am not sure whether the 2006-09 running boards are the same on the 2010s, but considering Land Rover only seems to have made exterior changes to front and rear ends I suspect they are. In that case, it's definitely a DIY install. The kit comes with everything needed and it's simply a matter of replacing left and right lower sill covers (those with cutouts for the boards are included with the kit) and bolting on 3 brackets on each side of the car as supports for the lightweight boards. A stubby or offset Phillips screwdriver will help in removing and tightening a few screws located between rear wheel well moldings and wheels (since you cannot steer the wheels out of the way like the front ones) and putting the car in offroad height gives you plenty of clearance to see what you are doing - no jacking required. You will also need a 13mm - or 17mm, can't remember for sure - ratcheting drive socket to install the brackets' bolts, and that's about it. Depending on how handy you are with tools, it's a 1-person job that takes 1 to 2 hours, max. :thumb:

PS: Just be careful when replacing the plastic sill trim covers, they are held in place by flimsy plastic fasteners that are easy to break or dislodge as you pull the old covers out and replace them with the new ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts