RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've a '10 RRS with a siezed engine which I now have out of the car. The problem is to remove the oil sump/bottom plate the flywheel/flex plate needs to get out of the way but since I've had to pull the engine with the Torque converter its near impossible. Pls how do I go about this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why don’t you just check the factory service manual from Topix? It’s kinda pricey to access, but I certainly wouldn’t want to do an engine swap without it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really sorry about that, it's a North America spec. with the AJ133 V8 5.0 Normal Aspirated engine. I'm quite proficient at repairs such as this buh at a loss as to what to do from here.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
709 Posts
Thanks - cannot help with your engine - the diesels have a history with seizing from broken crankshafts or failed cam belt tensioners but not sure of the gas V8s.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - cannot help with your engine - the diesels have a history with seizing from broken crankshafts or failed cam belt tensioners but not sure of the gas V8s.
Thanks Garry, the problem though is how to unmate the TC from the engine for further probe into engine.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Not sure on the '10 RRS, but the removal instructions for the earlier models with 4.4 engine states.

CAUTION: Make sure the torque converter remains connected to the transmission.
I can send you the instructions for the earlier model (4.4 engine) removal, if that may help in any way, send me a PM with your email info and I can send your the doc.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Why don’t you just check the factory service manual from Topix? It’s kinda pricey to access, but I certainly wouldn’t want to do an engine swap without it.
The OP has already been advised what the service manual says. It's not pretty and not within the realm of a weekend mechanic. L320s are designed to have the body lifted off for major engine or tranny repairs. Below is few shots Ron took during an engine replacement on an L320.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/9-range-rover-sport-l320/33999-what-we-did-today-engine-changed.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts