RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have a 2010 RRS SC. Recently, I started to hear a little squeak coming from the front right wheel well, and then after about 20 minutes of driving I’d get “suspension fault” warning, but all heights and driving modes still worked normally. It only happens over bumps, and it sounds like air is being let out , almost exactly like when a shoe squeaks on a gym floor. Yesterday, I wanted to take the wheel off to see what I could find. I put the vehicle in off road height, and then turned off. When I went to lift that side I heard air leaking out of that same area, so I let it back down and am at a stand still now. Trying to avoid taking it in to the dealers. Any suggestions or what it might be?

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
sorry if I am stating the obvious, you might already have done this. Soapy water will tell you more. If it is a pipe, replace and buy good pipe unions. If it is on top of the air spring, clean the place wher the pipe gose in, get rid of the sand and reseat with soapy water. If it is the air spring itself, you have to change it. Don't take it to a stealer

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
106 Posts
Hi guys. I have a 2010 RRS SC. Recently, I started to hear a little squeak coming from the front right wheel well, and then after about 20 minutes of driving I’d get “suspension fault” warning, but all heights and driving modes still worked normally. It only happens over bumps, and it sounds like air is being let out , almost exactly like when a shoe squeaks on a gym floor. Yesterday, I wanted to take the wheel off to see what I could find. I put the vehicle in off road height, and then turned off. When I went to lift that side I heard air leaking out of that same area, so I let it back down and am at a stand still now. Trying to avoid taking it in to the dealers. Any suggestions or what it might be?
Diagnosed mine by sitting in my RRS and selecting the different road heights and do a short drive right after. The noise initially was only at "Off Road Height" but eventually became noticeable at normal height as well. Thought it might be bushings but the noise became constant when the vehicle was stationary and off road height was selected. Bought an after-market air shock and replaced it yesterday. $115 and some quality time in the right wheel well. The hardest part was putting the new shock on the OEM strut, but it really is a simple replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts