RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My 2010 rrs super will not shift into park without me forcing it many times. It doesn't seem to recognize that its in park and the "P" will not show up on the info center. Due to this I am not able to shut the car off or start it without jiggling it around aggressively. Do you know what causes this? It seems to be getting worse.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To clarify....It physically moves into the park position on the shifter, but the car doesn't recognize that its in park.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Cant you start/stop in Neutral?
I mean it is not a solution to the problem but just in case...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant you start/stop in Neutral?
I mean it is not a solution to the problem but just in case...
I will try that today, would I just leave the car in neutral with the parking brake on when I turn it off?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, no. I mean as last resort - better that then unable to shut off the engine. Car wont lock probably. Look, this is just an emergency solution, not the way to contiue using it.
You definatelly need to have that looked at ASAP.

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC
120 Posts
There is supposed to have a small ply on the connection between gear change cable and lever. But there's so much rust, it's stuck. I disassembled it, used a file to get rid of the rust, and applied some brake lubricant. It worked well :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recently reconditioned the gear shifter lever because it's difficult to shift gears. Afterward, shifting becoming very smooth.
Thanks this is very helpful. Is this accessed from inside or will I need to get under it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's under the car near the transmission filter pan (the black thing in the picture), on the passenger side of the pan.
IMG_6684.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
In this picture, the gear selector shifter lever was already removed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts