RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 RRS Supercharged Overheating. Changed water pump and T Stat. What am I missing?

So the water pump failed in the car where the pulley was wobbling and making all sorts of noises. I replaced the pump and a new plastic tube which was obvious, added coolant and took it for a spin and it overheated. Ok so thinking that the T Stat may be stuck because I was getting no heat in the car and it overheated. So changed the T stat, added coolant, took it for a spin and it overheated. So now Im at the point where it can either be a clogged rad or the OEM Waterpump that was installed was faulty. The top rad hose does not get hot and it the antifreeze in the expansion tank does not get sucked into the system, it stays at the same topped off level.

Any ideas on what else it could be and if I missed something here?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
Re: 2010 RRS Supercharged Overheating. Changed water pump and T Stat. What am I missi

I'm guessing clogged RAD. I'm guessing you also flushed the rad... How was the flow?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Re: 2010 RRS Supercharged Overheating. Changed water pump and T Stat. What am I missi

I am going to say you have a big old air pocket in there and it's needs bled or vacuumed out.

Did you replace the same amount of antifreeze you lost?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I just pulled the bottom hose and seems to flow fine. Im thinking now its gotta be an air pocket in the Heater Core
I'm guessing clogged RAD. I'm guessing you also flushed the rad... How was the flow?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I think it may be an air pocket too now, maybe even in the heater core. What would be the procedure to get rid of an air pocket?

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
250 Posts

Blown head gasket?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I fixed the problem. It was an air pocket. Had to buy a special vacuum tool that goes over the coolant tank to get it out.

·
Registered
799 Posts

UaM3,

Can you post a link to the tool you used? I'd like to see it in case I need to buy one... Also where did you get it?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since there a bunch of smart asses that usually post on here. I guess I'll be one too. If you bought that tool for a $1000 you could have bought me a cheap flight on Southwest and I would have bled it for you. Seriously all I did was open bleed cap on top of manifold and the one on top of the reservoir, turned the heater on hi and squeezed the top radiator hose to help purge air out. While engine is running. Have not had a over heating problem.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Since there a bunch of smart asses that usually post on here. I guess I'll be one too. If you bought that tool for a $1000 you could have bought me a cheap flight on Southwest and I would have bled it for you. Seriously all I did was open bleed cap on top of manifold and the one on top of the reservoir, turned the heater on hi and squeezed the top radiator hose to help purge air out. While engine is running. Have not had a over heating problem.
Since you don't fact check before running your mouth here's the reply to make you hooefully think before doing a reply like this again.

That's a old link and they are out of stock so they set the price to 999.99 until they have stock again. That's a constant play in eBay to keep auction active and not get charged listing fee for store.

That actual tool I believe was originally around 40 bucks and is very handy is you do a fair amount of cooling system work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's your first problem. Buying off eBay. If you need tools go find a Snap-On truck. You get what you pay for. If it's not the right price why don't put put it in the post. I'm going off what I see. Thanks Yoda.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
drrm, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying items from eBay so he has no "problem" let alone a first one. Due diligence is in order as with any other vendor. Yes bleeding is totally possible without a cooling system pressure tester. Then again there is more than one use for said gadgets so there's no loss here. There's no need to be a Summer's Eve about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts