RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to place an order for my new RRS. I noted the front brake disks are 380mm. I have had a RRS for 3 years and had a separte set of 19 inch wheels and serious tires for offroading. They worked well! They even fitted in the spare wheel carrier. HoweverI dont believe they will fit over the new brakes so I will have to buy some more and sell the old ones. My problem is I dont know whether I can get 19 inch wheels to fit over the big brakes, or failing that, whether higher profile tyres on 20 inch rims will fit under the bodywork. CAN ANYONE HELP?

·
Registered
543 Posts
G'Day Bob.

Your predicament is understandable due to new rules being applied to the latest 2010 RRS S/C because of 'Hi-Po' performance !

BFGoodrich tyre provide their A/T KM product as an all terrain package in 285/55TR20 fitment which should cope with your new ride as well as being suitable off-road & available for bolting straight onto your new rims or preferably 20"x10" aftermarkets ?

The tyres are the maximum 32" size permissible under your arches without rubbing issues and the ability to clean beneath too.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Yeah please check; you'll be the first to find out if they work for the 2010 S/C. The disc itself might be ok, but the caliper might not be kosher. Maybe they changed the profile on the calipers and they are lower profile. :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I noticed the spare is a 19" wheel, so wondering if all 19's would fit, or if the spare is a bit customized.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Should be able to fit a full sized spare in there. LR just cuts costs by giving you a stupid mini-tire spare.

If the 19's fit on the 06-09 RRSC, I bet they'd prob fit on the '10. If not, the 20's with LTZ's might be a good option since they're well tested by many of us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vinnieman or anyone else

Seriously looking at 2010 Range Rover Supercharged but the tire issue is a deal killer as I DEFINITELY want serious OFF-ROAD capability to be employed - all the advantages but no tires that are usable for that rig. Any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased a new RRSS last month and spent a lot of time and effort finding offroad tyres and wheels for it.
You ARE buying the right vehicle. I had the previous model RRSS and took it on many extreme 4WD tracks in central Australia.
I had special wheels and tyres i kept for offroad but the new RRSS has bigger brakes and the 19 inch wheels wouldnt go over. there appeared to be no solution for the new one but i found that you CAN buy some 19 inch wheels which do clear the brakes. it is all a matter of the profile. I found some in OZ but do not know where you live so the best i can suggest is to get your local tyre / wheel supplier to souce 19 inch wheels of a profile which DOES fit. try them out before paying because some only JUST fit and foul the brakes slightly.
There are plenty of good off road 19 inch tyres to fit. the main problem is the wheels.
I have just returned from some serious fun in the sand dunes.
Bob Beaumont.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Money-money, money !

As shown in an earlier thread General Tyre have introduced their new "Grabbers" tyre of serious off-road rubber in a 305/50R20 size & load rated to "112/109Q" !
This appears to be a maximum size permissable on RRS's running 20"x10" rims, though I would strongly recommend aftermarket wheels to match these new tyres.

If you're new rig is located Stateside, than consider this an answer to your inquiry from their web-site which is the most appropriate response I can make so far ?
The replacement wheel issue is a concern, though several manufacturers have products that are 'Brembo' compatible which is the safer path to take for MY2010's.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.[attachment=0:39uw4imm]srebbarG.jpg[/attachment:39uw4imm]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
What Drevs said.

IMO while the stock RRS is a very capable off-road vehicle and the best blend of street/trail out there now (and the "think for you" electronics are wonderful off road most of the time), it's DEFINITELY (caps lock on) not a serious (caps lock off) OFF ROAD vehicle. If you want a serious off road vehicle get something significantly less expensive that can be outfitted 16" rims.

Your wallet will thank you, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies and I ask that you continue should some more information become available.

Any thoughts, advise as to the LR 2?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
M1928 said:
Thanks for the replies and I ask that you continue should some more information become available.

What the....???? :?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Money.

Apart from the 'Dave Chappelle' response from he who shall be obeyed above, this is a "Range Rover" forum so the association is only limited by brand - not name !

Remember the LR2 is an Ovlov in sheeps clothing, more closely aligned to the Pfaff sewing machines of the 20th century than the current generation Range Rover.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
M1928 said:
Seriously looking at 2010 Range Rover Supercharged... Any advice?
M1928 said:
Advice: Go back to the drawing board and figure out what you want in a vehicle.

I'm with goose, wt... :?

·
Registered
93 Posts
M1928, perhaps you can elaborate on the type of off-roading you want to do? How serious is "serious"? I think that term means different things to different people.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
The SC sport is the best compromise vehicle out there; It's good at a lot of things but great at nothing. I suppose it could be argued that the Sport is "great" at being competent in multiple arenas.

It truly does depend on your definition of SERIOUS OFFROADING. Typically the capslock would indicate the degree of your offroad experience, but the fact that you're even considering the Rover has most of us (ppl who do indeed take their RRs' offroad - do a search) thinking otherwise. Upon further review, it may well be the right vehicle for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts