RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I tired searching and the limited info I did find says that with the RRS supercharged, I have to use 20" wheels. I'm looking to do a little overlapping with it, so I want to put some AT tires on. Can someone confirm size? And are lift rods necessary? I plan on getting them, but I need to replace tires soon, and didn't know if I need to get the lift rods at the same time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
405 Posts
Hey djkev28. Just so you know - the full size spare in our RRS SC are 19"
Issue likely not with 19/20 rim diameter but rather design/shape of the spokes. What happened to me a while ago - 20" rims from full size RR locked on to Brembos from the side, the shape of the spokes werent bowed out enough to clear the caliper. Just as idea - if you need lesser diameter rims, just get 4 RRS spares. I'd go on ebay, find sellers whoes parting out crushed RRSs and ask to sell a spare. It is unlikely there is a high market demand for those so there is a chance to get them at good price.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
there are more options for bigger 20" tires versus 19" tires for the RRS that also meet the weight rating. a 275/55 20 (32") tire would fit a 2.5" lifted RRS quite well.

here's a pic of a 275/55 20 on a lifted RRS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are more options for bigger 20" tires versus 19" tires for the RRS that also meet the weight rating. a 275/55 20 (32") tire would fit a 2.5" lifted RRS quite well.

here's a pic of a 275/55 20 on a lifted RRS.

Thanks I noticed that 20" had more tire options. But I'm right in assuming that I need the Johnson Rods to fit that tire size? And there might be some fender liner trimming required?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Thanks I noticed that 20" had more tire options. But I'm right in assuming that I need the Johnson Rods to fit that tire size? And there might be some fender liner trimming required?
I think anything over 31" will require some sort of rod lift or software lift. With my 31.5" tires on lift rods, i get no rubbing at all. but when i go to access height (the equivalent of your normal ride height), i get some rubbing in the front when entering my driveway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts