RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen multiple/various posts on software bugs in the 2010 RRS. I've uncovered a few I haven't seen anybody talk about yes- so I figured it be nice to have a single thread to identify them.

I have a Supercharged 2010 RRS. It has Sirius, backup camera and of course the iPod interface. (The car is in service now so I'm not sure which firmware version I have, or which version they will update to.)

In no particular order:

Windshield Washers - After a leaving the truck locked for an extended period, like overnight, the window washer always give one squirt when I open the front door.

Fahrenheit/Celsius - Again after leaving the truck for an extended period the display setting consistently revert back to Celsius.

Sirius - When I start the car or switch to Sirius radio it always says I'm on "Hits 1" even when I left the station set to something else (and am hearing something else)

Does anyone know what sub-systems are grouped together and controlled by a specific head-end. i.e. Does the nav/audio software control anything else, like the dashboard display (like my Celsius/Fahrenheit problem)?

My dealer had never seen either of the windshield washers or temperature display setting bugs...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The windshield washer squirt may be to make sure you are awake and paying attention in the morning? :think: Wow, good luck troubleshooting that one... Never heard of such a bug. The other two issues (C/F temperature display change and Sirius defaulting to a particular radio station upon startup) have been reported on this forum by MY2010 owners before. I think forum member Maxdabrit had the Celsius bug and his dealer somehow figured it out? Look into this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34715 - Land Rover has sort-of acknowledged a problem with the Sirius tuner though a special service message several months ago, saying only that it is investigating the matter with Visteon and to stay tuned - no pun intended - for a fix. So far no TSB appears to have been issued, though.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Oso said:
Windshield Washers - After a leaving the truck locked for an extended period, like overnight, the window washer always give one squirt when I open the front door.
Fyi, my neighbor's labrador retriever does this, she gets so excited to see someone she piddles on the floor a bit.

Probably the truck is just happy to see you.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Oso said:
Fyi, my neighbor's labrador retriever does this, she gets so excited to see someone she piddles on the floor a bit.

Dang it, you beat me and my Spaniel to it!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
gooseyloosey said:
Oso said:

Dang it, you beat me and my Spaniel to it!

Maybe LR has something similar for the wash nozzle?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Sirius issue is not unique to Range Rover. It has happened in my wife's BMW and would also happen on occassion in my work car (Grand Cherokee).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re Celsius/Fahrenheit issue where the system reset to Celsius upon every Start. Yes, the dealer (Landrover of Princeton) fixed the issue with the aid or LRNA . I believe it was software related

Talking of dogs , Ill add another some of my pet pee-ves to the thread:

Issue: Recirculation button disengages after a very short period of time.
Fix: Hold Recirc button down until associated light blinks( 3 seconds or so)

Issue: Gas gauge decides to go from Full to Empty in a blink.
Fix: Dealer software.

Issue: Ipod Touch does not receive a charge from cable . ( In fairness this is/was an Apple issue)
Fix: Buy a Scosche connecting block (sorry dont have the link)

Current fun issue: My reversing camera has decide to invert the image it produces( Driver sides objects appear on passenger side of screen image and vice versa).
Fix: Open item with my Dealer and LRNA tech.

·
Registered
41 Posts
One more item.

Issue : LandRover Sirius radio software does not provide access to XM channels provided via the 'Sirius and the Best of XM' package. (No Opie and Anthony /:( )
Fix: None yet .

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Maxdabrit said:
One more item.

Issue : LandRover Sirius radio software does not provide access to XM channels provided via the 'Sirius and the Best of XM' package. (No Opie and Anthony /:( )
LR is aware of this issue since April 2009 (SSM40930-697308), I wouldn't hold my breath for a solution at this point. Perhaps MY2011s will have an upgraded Sirius module to allow Best of XM reception.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
umbertob said:
Maxdabrit said:
One more item.

LR is aware of this issue since April 2009 (SSM40930-697308), I wouldn't hold my breath for a solution at this point. Perhaps MY2011s will have an upgraded Sirius module to allow Best of XM reception.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue and perhaps why I can't seem to pick up the BBC world Service on Sirius channel 141? Bloody disgraceful really considering it's a British car!

·
Registered
382 Posts
So this is only my opinion based on nothing other than my personal experience/research.

I've not had any issues with my 2010 HSE nor did I have issues with my 2008 HSE - it appears (generalizing here) that some issues reported here seem to be more common with SC models? That said, I did have a couple "issues" with Sirius but have also had them countered recently with some logical (at least to my non-techie brain) answers;

Best of Sirius/XM package:
I purchased this as a promo in March for $399 for a lifetime subscription. I do not get any XM stations. While the unit/interface in the car was likely designed to receive Sirius only, I've been told (and read) this is really a Sirius/XM issue not LR. With the merger/acquisition of the two service providers the "new" company has to figure out how to get the service to their customers who paid for it. Think Zappos.com & Amazon or Google & YouTube - these companies merged but customers still have access to all the services from each. Sirius/XM really needs to get their IT team on the ball and straighten this out quick otherwise they will go the way of Pets.com, Webvan and California real estate! :doh:

Sirius screen/last play:
I was having an issue with the top banner of the Sirius screen which indicates if you're on Sat 1, 2 or 3 not matching the bottom banner. However one of the rocket-scientist-tech-heads I work with pointed out that the SW was written this way. He noted it is actually working exactly as it should. I won't go into the details as this post is already WAY too long but it made sense. It really had to do with my perspective/interpretation of how to read the screen. I think the owner's manual is guilty of being vague and/or making too many assumptions. :)

Cheers for now!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Megan said:
Does anyone know if this is still an issue and perhaps why I can't seem to pick up the BBC world Service on Sirius channel 141? Bloody disgraceful really considering it's a British car!

doh,..........nothing wrong with my car or Sirius, just found this "skip" function, and someone had it set to skip over the BBC. Bloody teenagers! :naughty:

Thanks CA-Sport, your posting had loads of terms in that I didn't understand and prompted me to actually get the owners manual out for a read! :oops:

BTW, I still don't know what the "SW" is.............

Megan

·
Registered
382 Posts
Megan said:
BTW, I still don't know what the "SW" is.............
Megan

Hi Megan! SW = Software. Not something you would be expected know unless your were a tech-head!
:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts