Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been searching here and Google for a Nav hack that will allow the passenger to use the sat nave hole the car is in motion. Haven't really found a way to do it on the 2010. Has anyone been able to do the nav hack in the 2010+ models?

I also have the IIDTOOL so I'll check to see if the motion lockout can be disabled that way.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,484 Posts
It is possible on the 2006-2009 with the IID Tool to do the hack for Nav on the Move. Download the manual for models post 2010 and see if there is a section on that in the table of contents. I haven't read the newer year manuals...barring that, send Patrick at GAP a note and see if they are working on it if it doesn't show up in the manual.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll try that.

When I first glanced over the manual there was no mention of it and the interface is actually so easy to make out but I'll check again as there could very well be something I missed.

Thanks again

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is an option to enable and disable nav on the move with the IIDTool under CCF editing but i don't think it works on 2010 and newer RRS. I tried changing the setting on mine and didn't see any difference. I think that option is baked into the MMI.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
224 Posts
There is an option to enable and disable nav on the move with the IIDTool under CCF editing but i don't think it works on 2010 and newer RRS. I tried changing the setting on mine and didn't see any difference. I think that option is baked into the MMI.
I changed that option in mine to enable on the move for my 08, and it didn't work either with the IIDTool on it's latest revision.

Don't know why I bother because Google Maps or Waze is so much better, I almost never use the in dash Nav in my cars.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
On NAS MY06-09, it takes a bit more work than that. If you have the latest revision of IIDTool (v. 3.0), consult the accompanying user manual around pages 65-70 for the complete update procedure, which takes a little over an hour to complete and involves re-flashing the CCF with a special patch file (downloadable from GAP's web site into your IIDTool) first. If you have a build 2007 or earlier, you may also need a more recent copy of the navigation disc which contains a compatible MultiMedia Module (MMM) software version. The procedure is a bit time consuming, but you only need to perform it once. NAS MY2010s and 11s cannot have on-the-move navigation enabled via IIDTool yet AFAIK - GAP is working on a fix. MY2012 and 13s are factory on-the-move enabled.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks UmbertoB,

I guess we'll just wait for GAP to patch it. My wife's Santa Fe has Nav on the move. I think car companies realized how stupid it was after receiving a lot of angry feedback from customers.

·
Banned
224 Posts
On NAS MY06-09, it takes a bit more work than that. If you have the latest revision of IIDTool (v. 3.0), consult the accompanying user manual around pages 65-70 for the complete update procedure, which takes a little over an hour to complete and involves re-flashing the CCF with a special patch file (downloadable from GAP's web site into your IIDTool) first. If you have a build 2007 or earlier, you may also need a more recent copy of the navigation disc which contains a compatible MultiMedia Module (MMM) software version. The procedure is a bit time consuming, but you only need to perform it once. NAS MY2010s and 11s cannot have on-the-move navigation enabled via IIDTool yet AFAIK - GAP is working on a fix. MY2012 and 13s are factory on-the-move enabled.
Oh yea that's right. I guess I am going to have to invest in one of those expensive (>$300) battery chargers one of these days because idling the car for an hour is not something I like to do, and I wouldn't trust the battery to last that long through a critical update.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was doing the Nav on move flash and mine would fail at flashing the gps touch screen after 1 month of back and forth I sent my touch screen to gap and they flashed it for me and I put it back into my rover and I have Nav on Move now. They are really helpfull

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was doing the Nav on move flash and mine would fail at flashing the gps touch screen after 1 month of back and forth I sent my touch screen to gap and they flashed it for me and I put it back into my rover and I have Nav on Move now. They are really helpfull
Is your RR a 2010+ ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
GAP Diagnostic confirmed today via email that it's not possible to enable nav on the move on 2010-2011 but they are looking into. Might be something they can figure out on future software updates.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I was fiddling with the IIDTOOL today and I FOUND the Nav on the move option and enabled it. DID NOT WORK lol.... Well, at least it's there which probably means that like Umberto said, it is being worked on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts