RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought a 2010 RRS a few months ago and i'm having a few issues, nothing major, but i'm hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction..

The first is that on the odd occasion i accelerate hard i get a warning light saying engine coolant low for 30 seconds then it disappears, the coolant is brimmed though. Ok to ignore?

Secondly, i have a genuine land rover ipod 30 pin cable then i have the apple adapter to change it to my iphone6 pin, however the car cant just isn't picking any portable audio up. When i click "mode" on the stereo it brings up the 5 options ie radio,cd,aux etc however portable audio is greyed out. I can't actually see a portable audio option if i use the touch screen to go into the audio screen.

Any help is appreciated.

Heres a few pics of my chav mobile :crybaby2:

IMG_E2209.JPG IMG_2199.JPG IMG_2205.JPG

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Heya. When i first used the apple adapter it wouldn't work either. I only use Spotify on the iphone 6 and have no music installed in Itunes, yep I went to the extent of deleting the U2 album which came supplied with the phone - big mistake. For the phone to show on the RRS 2010 ICE, it has to have albums loaded in Itunes. So now on connection it auto plays U2 (sick in the mouth, every time) and I change it to Spotify, hit play and it works fine.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
441 Posts
Probably bad / sticking coolant sensor. I’m not sure if that is integrated into the plastic tank on the sc model .... but at 8 years old might not be a bad idea to replace the plastic tank and sensor as a preventative. Also replace plastic coolant tee at top of engine and look for signs of leak around thermostat housing (white or pink dried coolant residue) ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts