RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
290 mile highway trip today. Palm Springs to Las Vegas. Took I15 and did the limit. Drove in sport mode some. Had A/C on the whole way. Started a new trip A as I left the house this morning. Amazed to see that avg mileage was 20.9mpg. Just under a quarter tank of gas still. I'm pretty impressed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
2010 SC with 4 people and packed to the gills with gear. Seattle to Leavenworth and back, over the Cascade mountains, and still got 19 mpg... 2 mpg more than EPA rating.

·
Registered
382 Posts
:thumb:
Same here: Monterey Bay to Palm Springs (405mi) average 20.4mpg going down and 21mpg on the return. However I got the same on my 2008 HSE.

Hey Homme how long in PS? I love it there! I'm in town about once a month!
:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CA-SPORT said:
Same here: Monterey Bay to Palm Springs (405mi) average 20.4mpg going down and 21mpg on the return. However I got the same on my 2008 HSE.

Hey Homme how long in PS? I love it there! I'm in town about once a month!
:)
Hey Sport. 5 years full time now. Moved here in 2003 - second home. Now consolidated. Love it too. Just got back from Vegas run and 555 miles total...about 30 of which was in town and netted 20.2 Mpg for the trip. Almost as good as my '07 Acura MDX 6cyl!

Where do you hang when you are in town Sport? I'm in Rancho Mirage.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hommerun said:
Where else but Rancho Mirage! I love the river walk (not to be confused with San Antonio's). Albeit I tend to spend most (nights) in downtown PS - I enjoy the Thursday night street fair. My good friends who also live a block from me up here have home in RM so I stay there frequently. I'm actually in town end of month to look at some properties in PS & RM... however I'll be in the XF this trip. :shhh:

I love the heat. I've been going down for about 15yrs but never thought about buying until now...Ya gotta love a town with less than 60,000 people yet has a Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Maserati & Land Rover Dealer all in one!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Hey, speaking of Palm Springs, have either of you ever been to the Sea Mountain Resort?

j/k.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CA-SPORT said:
Hommerun said:
Where else but Rancho Mirage! I love the river walk (not to be confused with San Antonio's). Albeit I tend to spend most (nights) in downtown PS - I enjoy the Thursday night street fair. My good friends who also live a block from me up here have home in RM so I stay there frequently. I'm actually in town end of month to look at some properties in PS & RM... however I'll be in the XF this trip. :shhh:

I love the heat. I've been going down for about 15yrs but never thought about buying until now...Ya gotta love a town with less than 60,000 people yet has a Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Maserati & Land Rover Dealer all in one!
Yah its pretty much a bubble - though real estate has been hit. The number of folks who buy expensive cars here at retail - no discount - really skews the market. I had to go outside the area to get a deal on my RRS.

No better time to buy a place than now in my view. Oddly enough, with all the foreclosures in Riverside County, they get snapped up for cash with multiple bids. RM values have been pretty good.

I spend a good amount of time here using the "outdoor facilities" lol Joshua Tree, the mountains, cycling, hiking, swimming etc. I think I've made the transition to "local"!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gooseyloosey said:
Hey, speaking of Palm Springs, have either of you ever been to the Sea Mountain Resort?

j/k.
Hadn't heard of it so " au naturale-ly" I did an interweb search. Who knew there were nudies frolicking amongst the populace! We have everything here. Everything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Justin_Sherfy said:
That's really good mileage. Is your truck SC? I'm guessing not since you didn't say it was.

Mine is an HSE Justin. I'm really getting more impressed with my 2010 as each day goes by. I've got 1800 miles new. Just a month old. No issues. I'm still adjusting to the NAV. The Acura NAV was superb. The touch screen is not my fave but it works well. And I like that its not just a NAV port but also used for audio etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
^^^Nice color combo! Glad to hear of what these Jaguar engines are capable of.

When I first opened the thread, I thought that it was going to be about mileage, not MPG. `) Maybe that could be the next topic...highest milage 2008/2009/2010.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts