RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy RRS Forum,

Ive seen some issues with previous MY RRS listed in the forum, but wanted to see if anyone else has this issue on the new MY 2010 RRS, Ive had mine about a month, and ever since the ride home from the dealer, the passenger seat squeaks when occupied on curves, corners, bumps, any time there is lateral movement to the seat... its really annoying, not terribly loud, but definitely noticeable... it sounds like its coming from the assembly of the seat close to where it attaches to the vehicle. Havent taken it in to the dealer just yet, will do that next week, but any ideas or stories to share?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
My MY2006 does the same thing. Drives me nuts, it's on my list of things for my next visit to the dealer. In my case is the back rest that's loose, the seat itself is firm in the tracks.
There was some issues with MY06-08 where the seats felt loose from the track after much back and forth with TSBs they figured it was lack of tension in one of the cables in the seat mechanism that performs the back and forth adjustment.

I seriously doubt your MY2010 has the same issue but with LR one never knows. They'll fix it as long as you can replicate for the dealer, so make sure the tech rides in the car with you. I usually find a route near the dealership before hand where i know there's imperfections and I know the car will make the noise.

Good luck.

Rafa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts