RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyonehelp with tailglass tailgate problem on my L320 2010 RRS. I have read allposts relating tailglass. My upper tailglass tailgate worked fineuntil one day it stopped opening. All the fuses are fine, no warningsigns and no OBD2 error reading. I can open the whole tailgate butnot the upper. I have made sure that the whole tailgate is closingproperly even by closing the lock with a screwdriver. I have removedthe switch and it has 5v and an earth, shorting these out does notopen the gate. The switch has no corrosion, has good resistance andthe switch works fine. I have removed as much as I can of the insidetrim but as the top is still closed I can not remove completely. Theinside lock has 4 wires to it, anyone with ideas what wire to trip itopen? Some people have mentioned programming the key remote to openthe tailglass but as it’s a 2010 model the manual says a dealer isneeded to change the option from tailgate to tailglass, any methodother than the dealer? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Sorry no one has responded and i have not seen this issue therefore just my .02 and speculation. I do know that the glass will not open if the hatch is open so maybe the car thinks the big hatch is open or maybe it is cracked open just enough to inhibit the glass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts