RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this issue just started happening to me the past week or two. Whether i use the button on the door handle or key fob to lock my vehicle, it does not lock. Usually I know its locked when the mirrors fold in and turn signal blinks but lately theres no lock response and then the horn chirps twice to let me know it didnt lock. Same thing happens when i use the key fob to lock. The only thing i could do to remedy this problem was to start the car (accessory, not the engine) and then turn it back off and lock. Any ideas?

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's been my experience that those sorts of things are cause by a faulty door locking mechanism. It's a know issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
The double chirp is a mislock, so either something is open, or something is not actually locking.

Easiest way to figure it out is to have someone inside the vehicle use the lock button on the door to lock all the doors, then(without the key on you) see if any of them are still able to be opened. If one is not locking, chances are Soccernutt10 is correct, and you'll need a new door latch.

·
Registered
799 Posts
On My2010 RRS I've noticed that if you use the top hatch to get at the rear compartment instead of opening the entire hatch, it does not always register as fully closed even though you know it is. I turn on the car and get the warning that the rear top hatch is still open. Often times I have had to go back a second time to slam it shut. This may be what's preventing your car from locking.

I'm guessing you are not getting any warnings that a door or latch is open when you turn on the car right?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On My2010 RRS I've noticed that if you use the top hatch to get at the rear compartment instead of opening the entire hatch, it does not always register as fully closed even though you know it is. I turn on the car and get the warning that the rear top hatch is still open. Often times I have had to go back a second time to slam it shut. This may be what's preventing your car from locking.

I'm guessing you are not getting any warnings that a door or latch is open when you turn on the car right?
Correct. NO warnings of open doors or trunk.. Just happened to me again at lunch today, had to start car in accessory twice and shut off again before it would lock again...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
It may be a long shot but I occasionally have it happen. If your fob in blocked by a cell phone screen or something else there are times it won't recognize its there and do the multi chirp and not lock. The next time it happens take your fob out of your pocket or move it somewhere else and see if it repeats.

·
Registered
799 Posts
That reminds me of when I had the Audi..... When I was a bit too far from the car I put the fob under my chin and lock it and it worked every time. for some reason your body acts as an antennae and gives you a better signal. Who would have thought?

TxPiKapp

I don't know what it could be dude. See if you can get the codes scanned.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out it was my passenger door locking mechanism. It is the only door's lock that is not functioning correctly. I also found that if i manually lock the front passenger door from the inside before locking it and arming the alarm it will be locked as if nothing is wrong, but if i dont manually lock it everytime it will still be unlocked and if opened the alarm will sound when armed. Taking it in thursday for them to take a look at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts