RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i have tried searching for this problem, but haven't found the results I am looking for. 2 nights ago I bought a 2010. RRS autobiography from Land Rover Pasadena. Pulling out of their parking lot had to turn on the headlights and the speedo needle was dark. Pulled back around and was told tough. As is . The sales guy referred me to a local independent who said he can fix it for $1000 , but I am a bit put off on the idea that he needs the truck for a week and $1000.

Are there any good tutorials on doing it yourself?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bill

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
146 Posts
It’s not all that difficult but you will need to remove the steering wheel and all the panels around it, I did all the steps to get to the cluster without actually removing it over this past weekend and took me about 3 hours total with reassembly. You will need couple tools. Set of picks for removing airbag and then it’s just T20 and T25 torque bits. There is a video on YouTube from powerfuluk on how to remove the steering wheel and they use 90 degree pick for the airbag but I find it better using a 180 one, it just gives you better grip. Remember to disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes before starting removing the airbag and be very gentle with it since its still an airbag. Most of the panels are held in by metal clips so make sure not to loose them and there is one hidden screw on the left side vent, underneath the little black top vent so be careful prying that up. Little patience and you can get it all done.

2012 RRS S/C

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
106 Posts
Hi guys,

Pulled back around and was told tough. As is .
Tell the dealership to take back the vehicle. Sold 'as is' is not a cover for selling defective equipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts