RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out from dinner, started my 2010 RRS, and no sound from the radio, CD, USB, or phone. Everything *appears* to be functioning correctly, except that no sound is actually coming out from any speaker. As I turn the volume knob I can hear a bit of white noise getting louder and softer, so it's not that the speakers have become physically disconnected... the system simply refuses to route the actual audio to the speakers.

WTF?

Is there some way I can reset the system without disconnecting the battery? Or is there a master mute switch I missed somewhere?

So far I am far less than impressed with the end-user electronics in this thing. HD Radio sensitivity is a giant pile of fail, RDS simply does not work at all, the USB support is riddled with bugs and issues, and now this.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
I've had that happen before on my 2010. I just had to restart the car and it was good as new. Hasn't done it since the 093 update...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this happen as well. I've narrowed it down to having my iPhone connected with the adapter cable and playing from the iPhone -- turning off my RRS while playing from the iPhone gives me the same exact situation you describe next time I start it. The only way I've been able to get it back on is to turn the RRS off, lock, then open and restart it.

If I select another audio source, satellite or radio, before I turn the engine off, there is no problem next time I start.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it happened again this morning. Took it directly to dealer service.

They claim to have done a "complete software upgrade of the front audio unit." Anyone care to speculate that this means specifically?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This problem has continued to occur. It's happened 5-6 times now. It's been to the dealer for service but of course there's little they can do about it except apply software patches. Even after applying several of them on more than one occasion I am still having this problem.

Fortunately the dealer seems to be an ally and has treated me well... but I am starting to consider my options to get out of this thing. They seem to be taking that seriously and now are claiming to be engaging with Land Rover on some deepening level.

If the radio works only intermittently I don't want to keep this thing. I'm developing a seriously love-hate relationship with it. Shoukd have kept my '06 instead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had this happen to me plenty of times in MY09 the only thing thats different is that the nav screen with stay dark and the land rover symbol will not appear. I have to turn the car off, get out, lock, walk away and come back to it. I've taken it to the dealer many times and they say the same thing about software yet it keeps happening. I'm always hoping it doesn't happen when i'm out on a date....

·
Registered
41 Posts
.. kind of seems weird to do repeated software upgrades? I would have expected a one time upgrade (perhaps two at most) which either does or does not address the issue. If it does not then they surely would move onto the hardware and connectors

I suffered from a completely wacky set of electrical problems (radio/errant dashboard warnings) that was cured by the engineer findong a loose connection in a junction box behind the dash. Build quality control is unfortunately lacking and it sounds like you have your own unique issue. I hope your engineer finds it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts