RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air condition been acting up lately. When car is park or at a stop at regular idle, air condition seems to blow cool (not cold) or warm air. Air condition comes back real cold when the truck is actually running. Anybody ever else had this problem? Freon is good and condenser is free of debris. This is making me scratch my head.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’ve had this problem and I was looking for answers but couldn’t find any. Later on I found out that my fan clutch wouldn’t engage the way it should. The way it was explained to me is that the fan has 2-3 settings pretty much low, medium, high. I’m not sure if it’s true or not but since it has been replaced no more warm air. Hope that helps

·
Registered
79 Posts
So you replaced the AC compressor? I’m not to sure if you can replace the clutch itself. How much was it to replace if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve had this problem and I was looking for answers but couldn’t find any. Later on I found out that my fan clutch wouldn’t engage the way it should. The way it was explained to me is that the fan has 2-3 settings pretty much low, medium, high. I’m not sure if it’s true or not but since it has been replaced no more warm air. Hope that helps
just reread your reply and you said fan clutch not ac compressor clutch. May I know where is that located cause there only one big fan which behind the radiator.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No I replaced the cooling fan and it’s one piece when you buy new, fan and clutch, on some websites it’s says fan and motor. It cools down the A/C condenser so if it doesn’t work properly it could be the reason why you’re getting warm air and while you drive the air cools it down. When I bought it it was about $680 but now Land Rovers dealers are starting to their own parts websites which is sometimes a lot cheaper than other online stores. I bought few things from Land Rover of Fort Mayer’s online catalog but you can find a dealer somewhere closer to you. Price I see there is $440 for non SC and $540 for the SC.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Thanks!

im just wondering tho...let’s say the fan is stuck on low speed, then I would have overheating problem right? I guess I gotta keep an eye on that fan to see if she change speed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would think so as well but I had same problem as you and never had an overheating issue and then it finally did one day and that’s when I said this is it and replaced it. It’s really easy to do yourself but you need the clutch removal wrench which is 36mm and you can get on amazon. Never had any issues since

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess it’s time to shell out money and replace the fan. Thanks mang!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Definitely worth it, you’ll have cold A/C and won’t have to worry about overheating somewhere on the road possibly damaging the engine

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is a workshop manual posted here couple posts down, download it and you’ll have instructions on how to do it, remove the intake, fan shroud and you’ll have access to the fan, make sure you unplug it first and then use a 36mm fan clutch wrench (regular wrench is to thick) and you might want to buy one, some auto parts let you borrow but they are usually worn out and you don’t wanna round the nut. And if you buy a set it will come with another tool to hold the pulley from spinning, there is bunch of YouTube videos as well so look those up

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
165 Posts
kosep, most likely it is refrigerant control valve (RCV) in the a/c compressor. take look at this link. I replaced mine and all is good now.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic43778.html

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kosep, most likely it is refrigerant control valve (RCV) in the a/c compressor. take look at this link. I replaced mine and all is good now.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic43778.html
Interesting! Thank you...

did you replace the ac compressor or just change the sticky valve?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The original fan and clutch assembly is made by Behr Hella. I found the Behr Hella fan for a lot less $$ than the one from Land Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is your car 2010 rrs also? May I know the part number please

1 - 18 of 18 Posts