Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my 2010 RRS was overheated due to water pump failure. Dealer changed water pump and some houses. Car feels different now. During a start it is very loud, runs a bit louder than used to be ( My friend has 2011 LR4 with 60k and it is quieter). Also feels last a bit less power. Dealer checked and did not fined anything. gas milage is the same. Coolant and oil consumption is normal. What could be wrong? What should I look for, I have another 2K warranty and would like to see if anything needs to be done to do it now.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Coolant and oil consumption is normal.
Huh? You should not have any "consumption" of either... especially coolant.

How do you mean "it" is louder? The exhaust is louder? The actual engine is louder? Is it actually the fan up front that is louder?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
501 Posts
Is fan on ? Or off and engine still "loud". When they did water pump, what else did they replace ? Belt ? Tensioner ? Idle pulleys ? Check the work order. It's possible at this age one of other other bearings is going out - they might be able to check that with stethoscope to help
Isolate noise - else remove belt again and spin all the pulleys to see if any are making noise . If oil and coolant look normal it is probably not head gasket related (which could be other issue after oveeheat). With stethoscope they should also be able to check noise near exhaust manifold - maybe that needs to be torqued down if it is leaking ...hard to diagnose this without hearing the engine ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts