RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried searching all over for this. I have an 11 Sport SC, I am considering picking up an L322 as a dedicated tow vehicle. Like my Sport I will be going with rods and 33s because I am a glutton for constantly compounding branch scratches out of my vehicles. While browsing the l322 wiki I noticed it had this section about 2010 vs 2011:

The 2011 model year Range Rovers include minor styling changes, improved interiors and an upgraded 4x4 system as well new optional packages.[11] A new 4.4-litre TDV8 diesel engine became available with a new ZF 8HP70 eight-speed automatic transmission. There are also new leather and wood colours, as well as reclining rear seats with winged headrests. A new Autobiography Black model features a different grille, Barolo Black paintwork, and a choice of Jet/Ivory or Jet/Pimento interiors.

Specifically: improved interiors and an upgraded 4x4 system

whoa, that would be a big deal for me if there was an update to the terrain response system or maybe some hardware improvement. However, searching this entire forum and google yields no results in actual differences from 2010 and 2011???

The source for this was this "Motorward" article: motorward.com/2010/06/2011-range-rover-announced-gets-new-v8-diesel/

Is this just a mistake? Did someone make an error on the l320 wiki? Is there actually a differnce?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
271 Posts
EDIT
I just noticed you were asking about a Sport, not a full L322. Sorry, no clue and you'll probably have better luck in its own forum.

I'm sure others will chime in, but there are no significant hardware changes between 2010 and 2011 MY L322s in terms of 4WD hardware. Maybe new programming logic but it's probably superficial.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EDIT
I just noticed you were asking about a Sport, not a full L322. Sorry, no clue and you'll probably have better luck in its own forum.
... wat?

"RR Differences L322"

"I am considering picking up an L322"

"While browsing the l322 wiki"

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I tried searching all over for this. I have an 11 Sport SC, I am considering picking up an L322 as a dedicated tow vehicle. Like my Sport I will be going with rods and 33s because I am a glutton for constantly compounding branch scratches out of my vehicles. While browsing the l322 wiki I noticed it had this section about 2010 vs 2011:

The 2011 model year Range Rovers include minor styling changes, improved interiors and an upgraded 4x4 system as well new optional packages.[11] A new 4.4-litre TDV8 diesel engine became available with a new ZF 8HP70 eight-speed automatic transmission. There are also new leather and wood colours, as well as reclining rear seats with winged headrests. A new Autobiography Black model features a different grille, Barolo Black paintwork, and a choice of Jet/Ivory or Jet/Pimento interiors.

Specifically: improved interiors and an upgraded 4x4 system

whoa, that would be a big deal for me if there was an update to the terrain response system or maybe some hardware improvement. However, searching this entire forum and google yields no results in actual differences from 2010 and 2011???

The source for this was this "Motorward" article: motorward.com/2010/06/2011-range-rover-announced-gets-new-v8-diesel/

Is this just a mistake? Did someone make an error on the l320 wiki? Is there actually a differnce?
I have the R R Vogue L322 2011 it’s wonderful what would you like to know send me your email or WhatsApp I’ll send you pictures . Steve

·
Registered
992 Posts
Since the OP is in the US, all the comments about TDV8 and eight speed ZF don't apply, that is Europe only. As for option packages, that was probably just configuration of the package, not actual changes. The Hill Descent Control is in all L322 models. Not aware of any changes to Terrain Response, all '10 through '12's are the same. The '12's have a different rear seat video setup and a trailer hitch became an option package.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
2010, 11 ,12, SC FFRR also ,have rear locking difs and the center diff as well ,
All dependant on the what you do with the terrain selector knob

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
124 Posts
2010, 11 ,12, SC FFRR also ,have rear locking difs and the center diff as well ,
All dependant on the what you do with the terrain selector knob
I feel like in 2012 the rear locking diff was no longer standard on the Supercharged models.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I remember reading somewhere the locking diff was an option on all l322 models post 2010. My 2011SC does not have the locking rear diff and it seems not many of them do. At least not the ones I saw when searching.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I remember reading somewhere the locking diff was an option on all l322 models post 2010. My 2011SC does not have the locking rear diff and it seems not many of them do. At least not the ones I saw when searching.
How do you know? Guessing mine does not as the locking center diff is specifically mentioned on the window sticker but not rear lock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How do you know? Guessing mine does not as the locking center diff is specifically mentioned on the window sticker but not rear lock.
Easiest is to crawl underneath and look for the actuator on top of the rear diff. If you have a GAP tool you can go into the CCF file and see if the menu item says fitted or not fitted.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
124 Posts
So, I just checked the window sticker for my 2011 S/C. There is a line item “No Charge Rear Locking Diff”. So on the Supercharged, It was a no-charge option, but you had to specifically order it.
Hard to see the line item in my window sticker below. Just below the “Black Laquer Finish Trim” in the crease.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
you will see if you have a locking diff by putting the conditions wheel thats right behind your shifter into its various selections,
it will have a green circle where the rear diff and the center diffs are

1 - 13 of 13 Posts