RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, here from South Africa

Some advice from all the fundi's here would be appreciated....

My RR seems to be losing cooling fluid, and nobody can find a leak.
I've gone so far as to drain the oil to check for seepage, maybe a blown gasket. Nothing.

No leaks can be detected when parked and also none after driving hard and then parking.

This might be a case of the proverbial whiskey's "Angel Share" Any ideas?

Can someone help?..........

Thanks​

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
So, just to clarify, and sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you observing low coolant levels in your reservoir under the hood or you're just getting a low coolant level message in the gauge cluster? You might just need a new sensor/reservoir.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freshman, both actually.
The engine temperature has never risen higher than "normal". Even with hard driving.

No sign of wetness on the reservoir. Either around or underneath.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rangemogger - could I ask that you please clarify a bit more.

I have removed the to engine cover and cannot see any sign of leakage anywhere. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place???

Thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
The EGRs are coolant cooled - in theory if the plumbing at the EGRs has corroded, coolant could be lost into the hot exhaust pipe to disappear out the exhaust pipe.

Garry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys - The cooling system has been pressure tested. All Good.
The system has been tested for leaking engine gasses. Nothing. Test liquid stay stable.

What else could I possibly looking at? Maybe the level sensor?

Thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
This forum, as good as it is, is US based and as such with the L320 is primarily petrol engined focussed. While you might get general comments no one here will have L320 TDV8 experience.

For diesel specific issues you are probably better trying the Uk RRS forum http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Guys - The cooling system has been pressure tested. All Good.
The system has been tested for leaking engine gasses. Nothing. Test liquid stay stable.

What else could I possibly looking at? Maybe the level sensor?

Thanks
Have you given a though to EGR valves two folks have pointed out?

Side note: The coolant system is sealed so that it can reach it's proper pressure. Unlike high quality liquors there is no Angels Share. Aging casks are not fully sealed. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot to all for the comments and suggestions.
I will have a look at the EGR setup this weekend and I appreciate the fact that over there you guys probably don't do much diesels.

Diesels are big here in SA. Much better towing capacities and better fuel consumption.

None the less, thank you to all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts