RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover Sport HSE Non turbo 5.0
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Range Rover Sport HSE 5.0 non turbo

First off, I’m not super mechanically inclined so stay with me here but have been to 3 mechanics who work on these with no resolve.

1. coolant is pulled in (empty reservoir) on start up and low coolant light comes on. After driving around for a bit and the engine warms up, it shuts off. Once it cools off and yougo To add coolant, the tank fills back up like it’s air locked. It does not overheat and I can drive for miles either on the highway or in traffic and not so much as the fan comes on

2. Misfires tend to happen on cold start but once idling and warm, you can restart the vehicle with no issue. I’ve had one (1) replaced and now another has started doing the same (3).

It drives fine, no stuttering, response is great, no overheating so I’m lost as well as the mechanic

I’ve had the thermostat replaced, Replaced coolant tank cap, bled the piss out of it for any air, he did a compression test, stuck the camera down in it, and claims he did an exhaust sample to which it passed all with flying colors.

he still believes it’s a cracked head or gasket issues but too small to identifyjust thought I’d pop in here to see if anyone has had a similar problem. The only other light that pops on is “only normal height available” but don’t know how that can be related.

Thanks for your time! I’d take it to Land Rover but it’s $250/hr just to diagnose.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
468 Posts
Did you previously do any work where you had to drain the coolant? May be there is a huge airbubble in the system...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts