RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to turn off the power fold feature that takes place upon locking the vehicle. The dealer has said it isn't possible - somehow I doubt that....
Any input would be appreciated. It is unnecessary use of the motor IMO

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
423 Posts
I have an '08. I have to fold the mirrors in by holding the small, square switch.

It's not automatic.

Unless the electronics changed from '08 - '10, it programmable (like auto door locks and the like) using the programming computer (don't know the real name of that.)

Sounds like a lazy or unknowing dealer!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,166 Posts
It's programmable with SDD, in one of the owner personalization
sections. Mirrors Fold on Door Lock/Unlock. Unless you have the software and way t cnnect it to the truck its a dealer only operation (at least on my 06).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I suppose I can ask another service tech for the 3rd time.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
189 Posts
For a '10 I think it's in the menu that appears on the TFT under Vehicle Set up. I'm pretty sure it's easy to change.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It can be configured off, but that does require dealer level tools. You can also move one mirror out of position manually, and then put it back. If the system loses it's known position, you need to cycle the mirror fold for it to automatically fold when locked.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
189 Posts
yup, sorry about that. I was thinking about the easy entry piece that moves the seat and steering column.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I have a MY06 (early production model).

I've been told it's not possible but I found the feature in the BCU. Supposedly they should fold automatically when convenience locking.

Even after updating the conf file they don't fold automatically. I have to fold them manually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts