RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of nowhere my AM and FM isn2t working. My nav and Sirius works, not sure about CD tho. Is there a FM/AM module or something? Trying to figure out out

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
104 Posts
Out of nowhere my AM and FM isn2t working. My nav and Sirius works, not sure about CD tho. Is there a FM/AM module or something? Trying to figure out out
On older trucks, we always disconnect battery for a bit and then reconnect, forcing a reboot of all the electronics in the truck any time we get goofy crap like that. I'll defer to anyone with your model year. Just throwing that out there. It's kinda like always rebooting a PC before contacting the Help Desk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,150 Posts
Sirius is a separate unit in the rear electronics bay, as is the Navigation unit, so there is a separate AM/FM receiver unit somewhere, don't remember if its in the head unit, or also back in the rear electronics bay. each has its own fuse, so check for a blown radio fuse.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It came on twice but off again. I am willing to bet it's in the **** head unit, so what $1000 then? I'll deal without a radio. Ill try hard reset later

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,150 Posts
I had mine do that a couple of times maybe three years ago, turned out it was just a wonky connection at the fuse panel. I think a little bit of corrosion or something else built up on the blade of the fuse to the radio (or amplifier), and while it wasn't blown it either delayed the radio from getting power long enough or there wasn't enough voltage getting thru the fuse that the amplifier ignored it. The next time I started the car it worked fine and it did it randomly for about a week. I Pulled the fuse out and replugged it in a couple of times and it hasn't happened since. The electronics in the truck expect things to occur in a certain order and if they don't the computers ignore them, or still produce error codes even though the item is functioning fine.

The Radio module is a separate unit in the left rear electronics bay, so if the Serius unit works, at worst it would be the unit in the rear, not the head unit in the dash.

2010-2012 l322 radio module.jpg

It has what appears to be a Ford Part number on the label AH-42-18C15-AH.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
364 Posts
On the 2010-12 MY L322 the AM/FM receiver module is directly behind the lower glovebox, above the footwell trim which will need to be removed to gain access.

Rob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a side note here. I disconnected my battery and had to charge it cause something drained it but anyway why every time I have battery disconnected awhile I have to jump the staryer when I hook it back up

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well disconnected battery awhile and had to recharge cause it died somehow. car starts now but radio doesnt work still and now the AC doesnt work. Dash works but nothing blows and i think the seat cooler doesnt work too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Radio still doeant work and now my AC doesnt work. Didn't do anything but disconnect battery awhile and charge it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Disconnected battery and charged it. Radio still doesnt work and now the AC doesn't work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts