RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry for all the questions but everything I found online is for the older L322, mine is a 2010 ad top looks different. I see 1 possible way of cutting so I'll post pic and see what you think
Did you check the pinned posts in this forum?

the MY10-12 workshop manual is there along with the entire rave dump. You might find something useful in there for a D version L322.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My last post on this thread.

If you cut through there you'll also still have to cut the two vertical dash support tubes to remove the blower motor as those tubes will prevent egress of the blower motor. Once you've cut that away what will you re-mount the center dash to?

For the final time, THAT'S WHY THE DASH SUPPORT HAS TO BE COMPLETELY REMOVED.

You're 30% of the way there to removing it correctly so you may as well keep going rather than attempt long-lasting short cuts which will bite you in the rear, leaving a dash which will rattle like a tin roof in a Texas hail storm. ;)

I'll give you one last tip.

Once you've removed everything correctly, replaced the blower motor, refitted the frame support and are getting ready to put the plastic dash cover back onto the frame support, there is a six duct outlet which sits atop the HVAC box directly behind where you are [presently] asking about cutting the plastic dash.

Make sure every duct (one to each outer dash vent outlet and four to the center outlets) is connected to that six duct plastic "plate". If you temporarily cable tie the two lateral ducts which run under the upper surface of the plastic dash top in place as you slide the plastic dash mount back onto the frame you'll have a better chance of everything staying aligned.

You cannot fit the driver side center to left outer dash vent duct, which runs laterally atop the steering column, once the plastic dash has been refitted. If you forget to install it before the plastic dash goes on, you'll be taking it all apart again.

If the six dust plate is mis-aligned your ducts will leak like crazy.

It's your vehicle so do what you want. Best of luck, going forward.

Rob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well got the blower motor in which wasn't too bad but the hardest part of this whole job is that **** cover that goes right over the blower. the part that screws up this whole install is the wire harness tunnel that runs along the top.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts