RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that even with the ac off air is still blowing out the vents... So when closing the vents the air will just come from below the dash!
Is this normal? Also the temp gages seem not to affect the temp that is coming out either.....Is there any fix to this, Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Its a 2010!!!! Any problems straight back to the Dealer as they just had your $100k + and should be delighted to explain/fix :thumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Air does not come out when not in motion..... Only while driving. So that tells me that the air is coming in from somewhere because something is remaining open??

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Even with the system off air will still flow through the system to recycle the air. All cars have done this since the 90's. It will follow whatever temp you have the system set to even in the off position.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Your question is a little confusing. Turning the A/C off doesn't turn the climate control fan off...there will still be air moving through the vents just not air-conditioned air. Unless you turn the climate control system completely off (which you normally would never do) there will be some air moving through the vents, closing the dash vents will shunt all that moving air to the floor or defrosting vents.

Not sure why you would ever turn the A/C off in this car anyways...it's an integral part of the HVAC system even in the winter. Don't turn the A/C off. A tightly sealed box with people sitting in it needs A/C in order to maintain a comfortable environment regardless of the outside temperature.

The interior temperature of the car will be maintained at the temperature you set using the two dials on the dash. These dials do not however directly control the temperature of the air coming out of the dash vents. This is controlled by the red to blue dial below the center dash vents, red being warmer air and blue cooler. This is a BMW system and is initially confusing to new owners but it allows you to keep the car at say 72 degrees but have cooler 65 degree air blowing on your face. It makes more sense if you are German I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts