RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

As you may have seen in my other post I am looking at purchasing a 2010 HSE Lux but was playing around with the rear view camera and PDC today and had some questions/comments I need clarification on:

1) When using rear view cameras in other cars (my BMW as an example) you see trajectory lines that change based on how the vehicle is being steered. In other words you can see curved lines/trajectory when on full lock etc. The Range Rover seems to just show stationary lines is this right ???

2) Again on other vehicles the lines change color as they cross over objects that you should avoid (yellow, red etc). Once again this seems to just remain yellow and straight on the RRS

3) On almost every vehicle I have driven PDC is shown as a graphical representation that goes from green to yellow and then red the closer you get to an object which again seems to be lacking on the RRS. Instead you just get the PDC beeps

I'll be honest this was a real disappointment to see these things seemingly missing on a luxury vehicle of this price. The X5 as an example includes all of this as do a lot of the cheaper SUV's.

Am I missing something (really hope I am) or is this truly the way Land Rover implemented this tech ?

Thanks

WC

·
Registered
382 Posts
Re: 2010 Rear View Camera/PDC Question - Is It Really This Way ?

Wildcat1 said:
..... Am I missing something (really hope I am) or is this truly the way Land Rover implemented this tech ?

Thanks

WC
Nope, sadly you're not missing anything. I'm "satisfied" with the back-up camera on my new RRS (going from nothing to something was good for me!). However I really was expecting it to be like my XF since the interfaces are so similar.

The XF allows the user to tap the screen while reversing to switch from camera view to picto-gram view. Like BMW it changes to a bird's eye view of the car with progressive colored bars around the front/rear - tap the screen again and it goes back to camera view... pretty cool! :thumb:

As I've said in many posts already, I'm totally happy with the 2010 and the screen interface. I just think I was expecting too much after the XF. But in fairness, the RRS screen shows offroad & suspension details which are probably more appropriate.
:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2010 Rear View Camera/PDC Question - Is It Really This Way ?

Hey CA

Yes I guess I was in the same mindset that as so many vehicles offer these as standard on any rear view camera/PDC (even on much cheaper vehicles) I expected more here. The other comment is surely this is just SW related as the rear view camera (to my knowledge) is the same one used in the 5 camera system and is the one in that pack still used when making a backup maneuver. Would be interesting to see if this can be enabled some how. As stated before unfortunately disappointing for a vehicle of this price.

Thanks all

WC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts