RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my car at the dealership (2010 Sport HSE) the salesman told me the new HSE faster than last year's supercharged because of the bigger engine is that true?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was told that the 0-60 time for the 2010 HSE was better than the 09 SC. The sales person told me that as if it was the main selling point. For some of us it doesnt matter because we rarely get to use it. If you are deciding between the two. I thing the interior should be a major part of your decision.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
JesterJDL said:
When i bought my car at the dealership (2010 Sport HSE) the salesman told me the new HSE faster than last year's supercharged because of the bigger engine is that true?
No. It's only a few tenths slower, though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that, in this rig, I live my life a quarter of a gallon at a time.

I'm sure it might be faster, but either way, you're sucking down some serious dead dinosaurs to go that fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umbertob said:
JesterJDL said:
No. It's only a few tenths slower, though.

Do you know from a test or how did u find that out?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
JesterJDL said:
Do you know from a test or how did u find that out?
Just looking at LR published 0-60mph performance data and engine specs (horsepower / torque), it makes sense that the new naturally aspirated 5-liter engine would approach, but not quite match, the straight line performance of the outgoing blown 4.2-liter. I believe Land Rover claims 0-60 times of 6.9 seconds for the 2006-9 S/C and 7.2 seconds for the 2010 HSE in its literature.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
No meaningful difference in weight between 2010 and earlier model years RRS, in fact pound per pound the 2010s may be a couple of cheeseburgers lighter than their predecessors... :wink: Despite the larger displacement and increased power, Land Rover claims the new, all-aluminum AJ133 petrol engines use advanced manufacturing technologies to make them more compact and lighter than the outgoing powerplants.

·
Registered
69 Posts
an engine that is .8 liters bigger is going to be a lot heavier.

when we used to race back in the days a 2.2 engine prelude motor (FOR EXAMPLE cant rem EXACTS) weighed lets say about 400 lbs where as the 1.8 GSR engine weighed 240 lbs. The main flaw on the prelude was 1 heavy car, 2 big motor adding extra weight. weight always makes a big difference and is the main enemy of speed.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Jarvis said:
Drevs said:
Do the 2010's still have those highly advanced cement harmonic dampers??
nope
Yes the do, right next to the exhaust. They look to be shaped differently though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts