RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm taking in a newly acquired '10 RR SC w/ 110K to the dealership to having timing chain issues addressed. I have read that the thermostat and water pump are worth worth replacing when doing the timing chain service. Are there other non timing related parts that are worth replacing while they are in there? even if still functioning properly for now at 110k? I know this is a broad question and probably better directed at the tech who inspects the vehicle, but I'd like to hear any advice anyone here has to offer. I can report back after I receive a diagnose etc..

Thanks in advance!
FNG

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello! I'm taking in a newly acquired '10 RR SC w/ 110K to the dealership to having timing chain issues addressed. I have read that the thermostat and water pump are worth worth replacing when doing the timing chain service. Are there other non timing related parts that are worth replacing while they are in there? even if still functioning properly for now at 110k? I know this is a broad question and probably better directed at the tech who inspects the vehicle, but I'd like to hear any advice anyone here has to offer. I can report back after I receive a diagnose etc..

Thanks in advance!
FNG
I had the following items done at the same time:

1. New water pump
2. The timing belt tensioner and various related
3. Super Charger Snout, Isolater rebuild and new bearings
4. High pressure fuel pumps (the ones located near the engine).

·
Registered
102 Posts
What he said ^^^ and also inspect intake valves for carbon buildup, chemically clean or walnut shell blast as needed. Inspect fuel injectors, and consider replacing. Replace PCV (consider Oil-Separator or Catch-Can). Replace cross-over pipe.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I wouldn't suggest doing the supercharger snout as preventative unless you're just looking to throw money away. Change the snout oil and you're good to go. I also don't see the dealer digging into a supercharger rebuild. That seems very suspect to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouldn't suggest doing the supercharger snout as preventative unless you're just looking to throw money away. Change the snout oil and you're good to go. I also don't see the dealer digging into a supercharger rebuild. That seems very suspect to me.
In my case, this was all done under my factory extended warranty before it expired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts