RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this form and I'm having a problem.

When I'm driving in the morning's at around 60+ MPH the car drives kind of rough (Not smooth) accompanied by a steering wheel shimmy. When I go to step on the brakes, the steering wheel immediately starts shaking and then goes away under 60. My rotors and brakes are brand new with less than 300 miles on them. (Note: This happened with the old brakes too) After about 10 minutes of driving the roughness and brake vibration go away, but sometimes the shimmy when going around 60 will stay but sometimes it doesn't.8-0= My car is currently on Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. I bought them in January 2016 and ever since, I have went to balance them over 15 times! Whenever I do get them rotated and balanced, the shimmy will move from 50 to 60 to 80. This new issue when driving in the mornings is semi new, I would say i've noticed it over the last month. Could it be flat spotted tires? I don't know what to do! I have changed the front sway bar bushings and front lower control arm bushings. Dealer says everything else looks great but the tire I'm using is an "aggressive tire." These tires have pretty good reviews on this forum but maybe I should consider buying a different brand?

One other thing. These are my third set of brakes and rotors since i've purchased this car used and they always start squeaking while i am not pressing on the brakes. Is there a TSB on this? I think i remember seeing something on here about it but can't find it. Any advice on these matters would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to this form and I'm having a problem.

When I'm driving in the morning's at around 60+ MPH the car drives kind of rough (Not smooth) accompanied by a steering wheel shimmy. When I go to step on the brakes, the steering wheel immediately starts shaking and then goes away under 60. My rotors and brakes are brand new with less than 300 miles on them. (Note: This happened with the old brakes too) After about 10 minutes of driving the roughness and brake vibration go away, but sometimes the shimmy when going around 60 will stay but sometimes it doesn't.8-0= My car is currently on Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. I bought them in January 2016 and ever since, I have went to balance them over 15 times! Whenever I do get them rotated and balanced, the shimmy will move from 50 to 60 to 80. This new issue when driving in the mornings is semi new, I would say i've noticed it over the last month. Could it be flat spotted tires? I don't know what to do! I have changed the front sway bar bushings and front lower control arm bushings. Dealer says everything else looks great but the tire I'm using is an "aggressive tire." These tires have pretty good reviews on this forum but maybe I should consider buying a different brand?

One other thing. These are my third set of brakes and rotors since i've purchased this car used and they always start squeaking while i am not pressing on the brakes. Is there a TSB on this? I think i remember seeing something on here about it but can't find it. Any advice on these matters would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
I feel your pain on all of these things. Check the control arms, but it usually just needs a balance on mine. Even if your brakes are brand new, I would ensure that there was nothing on the hub; even a small amount of debris can cause the rotor to seat improperly and cause a shimmy.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Also consider that there may be water or something inside the tire. I read a thread where the guy had a strange vibration that only happened under certain conditions and no matter what the techs looked into or did, it never solved the problem.... until they took the tires off the rims and found water inside. Out came the water and a full rebalancing and the issue was fixed. Hopefully your issue is just as simple

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue on my 09 RRSC, i bought new tires scorpions got them balanced and aligned and still has a vibration the ride is great but you cant let go the steering wheel cause it will shift to the right and when i hit the brakes it also vibrates...hmmm i might take it back to the shop to make sure they can double check on that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the same issue on my 09 RRSC, i bought new tires scorpions got them balanced and aligned and still has a vibration the ride is great but you cant let go the steering wheel cause it will shift to the right and when i hit the brakes it also vibrates...hmmm i might take it back to the shop to make sure they can double check on that.
Make sure one of your calipers isnt getting hung up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts