RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WASHINGTON — Jaguar Land Rover is recalling 4,001 2010 Range Rover vehicles because the passenger-side airbag may not deploy in a crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The 2010 Range Rover "may experience airbag warning lamp illumination on the instrument cluster," said NHTSA in its description of the problem."This warning lamp may clear on each subsequent ignition cycle. The passenger airbag will be disabled when the airbag warning lamp is illuminated as a result of this defect and the passenger airbag warning disable lamp in the overhead console will also illuminate. Deployment of the passenger airbag may not be achieved in the event of a vehicle crash, increasing the risk of injury."

Dealers will update the vehicle's restraints control module with the integrated diagnostics system tool with updated software. The recall is expected to begin on December 21. Owners may contact Jaguar Land Rover at (800) 452-4827.

Inside Line says: If you own one of the aforementioned Range Rovers, have it checked out ASAP with your dealer. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

http://www.insideline.com/land-rover/ra ... alled.html

·
Registered
867 Posts
That was quick.

So I have a question. It took LR over 2.5 years to recall the front differential on the 2003-2005 Rovers, which may be just as unsafe as an air bag not deploying. Got it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
LOL how does that saying go... The more things change... The more things... stay... the... same.

LOL :lol:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Funny because I've noticed on occassion my 2010 will display the airbag disabled light for a trip or two. I guess mine is affected. Hey at least it's not the diff or the air suspension right??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts