·
SUPER MODERATOR
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Unless they yanked a lot of standard equipment off either trim and put it in extra cost "packages", that would seem like a reasonable increase considering the massively superior engines and all the new goodies inside the car, less than 2% over the 09s (according to my math.) Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not a bad change in pricing. Well worth it in my opinion...assuming the feautre list is the same.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the options pricing - some interesting new items for the US Range Rover at the bottom:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: MSRP ($)

Autobiography Package (S/C only) $14,500
? Full Semi-Aniline Leather Seats
? Leather Center and Lower Dashboard
? Leather Door Panels
? Leather Console Sides
? Leather Headliner
? 14 Piece Extended Wood Appointments
? Rear Seat Entertainment w/ 6 DVD Changer
? Climate Glass &4-Zone A/C
? Unique Autobiography 20” 10 6-Spoke Diamond Turned Wheel
? Adaptive Cruise Control
? HD Digital Radio
? Unique Autobiography Badge on tailgate

Luxury Interior Package (HSE Only) $4,950
? 14-Way Heated/Cooled Power Adjustable Driver and Front Passenger Seats
? Premium Windsor Leather on Seating Surfaces, Door Pulls and Center Console Lid
? Center Console Wood Trim (2-piece)
? Adaptive Front-Lighting System
? Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
? Luggage Net
? 20” 7 V-Spoke Wheel

Individual Options
? Rear Seat Entertainment $2,500
o Includes Wireless Headphones (2 and Remote Control)
? Adaptive Cruise Control $2,000
? 20” 10-Spoke Polished Wheels (S/C, AB) $1,500
? Adaptive Dynamics/Electronic Rear Differential Lock $1,300 (HSE w/ Lux)
? Vision Assist Pack (HSE) $1,280
o Blind Spot Monitoring
o Surround Camera
o Auto High Beam Assist
? Wood/Leather Steering Wheel with Wood Gear Knob $1,000
(HSE,S/C, AB)
o Wood and Leather portions of steering wheel are both heated
? Climate Glass & 4-Zone A/C (HSE w/Lux, S/C) $1,000
? Surround Camera System (S/C) $800
? Jet Headlining (HSE w/ Lux, S/C) (AB-no charge) $400
? HD Digital Radio (HSE, S/C) $350
? Grand Black Lacquer Wood Trim $350
? Cherry Wood Trim (HSE, S/C, AB) No Charge
(HSE w/ Lux) (S/C, AB-no charge)
? Burr Walnut Wood (HSE, S/C, AB) No Charge
? Prussian Blue Burr Maple Wood Trim (AB) $2,300
? Anthracite Lined Oak Wood Trim (AB) $2,300
? Ash Burl Wood Trim (AB) $2,300
? Special Mica Exterior Paint (AB) $9,500
? Special Chromoflare Exterior Paint (AB) $14,500

·
SUPER MODERATOR
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Ian, we haven't debated Range Rovers in a while. I'm still in the mindset that I'm ready for the next one after a week with the current one. And unfortunately I took a deal that got me out of my '06 and into an '08, and with the current Land Rover financial issues, I don't see them making me another deal like that anytime soon. So I'll have to wait and miss out on the first year of the refresh.

It really does seem like they finally have put more work into the interior, that's been on a decline since 2007(earlier depending on who you talk to). And all the options now available too, it's not a Porsche, but to have actual Autobiography options like they have in the UK is great. When the time comes, I will definitely be going with the Autobiography and all the new bells & whistles. I just hope everything goes well for the 2010 owners, there are a lot of electrical upgrades, which I would gladly test, knowing there could be issues, but could lead to even worse bad press or bad experiences for first timers.

Finally, the new 0-60 times are enough for me to know I have to have it.

How about you?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Michael.

Firstly thanks for continuing your website. Since LRC died information hasn’t been the same.

Also you were right about the SC grill. It has grown on me but funny enough I am not sure about the new face above the bumper line.

Apart from that, I love this new car. I have to have this engine and Autobiography model. We finally have a product that is at the cutting edge of what is on offer and not already out of date features.

BUT, I can't help feel that with such a step forward what price will there be with bugs. My location is too isolated to take that gamble so I too will sit and watch how this goes. 12 months into it will be a tough question to answer. Go with what we know of wait till the all new model comes out. You would think that most of this new stuff will find its way into that car with the bugs sorted and perhaps enhanced.

For a midlife upgrade it’s a huge effort to the point of you wonder what might come next!

I am really hanging out to read how these new adaptive dampers go in terms of ride comfort.

Was also very disappointed with the Car review but everything else was very positive. Well done Ford. Let’s see where Tata takes us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts