RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a fusible link in a 2010 Range Rover full size?
Reason I ask is someone replaced a fuse on a 2005 LR3 that was the issue he was having with a suspension fault code of C1A2714. I was wanting to check that fuse but I cant seem to find a fusible link. His was F10 but F10 on my RR is not related to suspension nor is it a fusible link. I've checked all fuse locations, Engine, Glove Back and rear.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Miguel

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
All of the fusable links (5 of them) are in the back of the passenger compartment fuse panel. Don't know if you need to pull the fuse panel out or if there is access to the rear of the panel from under the dash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean the fuse area behind the glove box? Or do you mean the rear trunk area on the passenger side?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
405 Posts
If you look directly behind the battery you will see a black box with multiple horizontal slots in it on the firewall.

I'm pretty certain that the fusible links (maxi-fuses) are in that box. There is also a smaller, double-cube black box with a thick red cable next to that. There may be a maxi-fuse in there too (for the starter).

I think the diagram provided above is for a pre-MY2010 vehicle (ie not yours).

There are "large" fuses in the engine compartment fuse box and the rear trunk area fuse box.

There are only regular size fuses in the JCB/passenger compartment fusebox, which is behind the lower glovebox. Once you've opened the lower glovebox, grab a flashlight and look behind the glovebox. There is an approximately 3x8 plastic cover with two release clips on the upper edge "hiding" the fusebox.

If I had a full copy of the 2010 wiring diagram I'd "lend" it to you but, unfortunately, I don't.

To review the correct wiring diagram needed, you may be able to sign up for a day's access for the info you need using options on the Topix website.

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Rob

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This is where they are located, in to bottom of the fuse panel in what the 07s and up call the central junction box. This picture is the terminals on the outside coming from the load side of the fusable links, there is one big battery cable that connects to the CJB and 5 "smaller" ones that come out of the CJB feeding whatever each link feeds. You have to remove the audio unit under the fuse panel, then disconnect those 5 fuseable link feeds, the 4 screws that hold the whole asembly into the dash and and about 7 electrical connectors on the top of the fuse panel. Then you can remove the top cover of the CJB and see the 5 fusable links bolted to the bottom of the whole assembly (opposite where those 5 battery cables come out. Of couses since you are killing power to every component in the car, make sure you wait at least 2 minutes (5 or 10 is better) before disconnecting the main battery cable, or you could damage your nav unit and who knows what else.

bottom of CJB in Dash.jpg

bottom of CJB in Dash 2.jpg

The part of the picture with the number 8 next to you shows you the inside bottom of the CJB and the upper right section with the 5 pairs of nuts is where the fusable links are located. These images come from the 07 to 10 works shop manual.

If you are just looking to check for voltage, just pull audio unit out and check for voltage at each terminal screw before pulling the whole thing apart.

The big giant fuses in the various fuse panels and in the engine compartment box are called Maxi-Fuses (MF) and are not the fusable links you asked about. Maxi fuses are typically only good for 50A max and feed single purpose loads (for the most part). The fusable links feed multiple smaller fuses and the rear fuse panel directly from the battery.

What are you looking for the 100A fusable link feeds all these fuses MF17, MF18, MF19, F1, F2, F3, F4, F6, F7, F9,
F10, F11, F12, F13, F14, F15 and F16 of the rear fuse box. If it was blown you would have way more issues than an EAS problem.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
MF18 is the 50A maxi fuse in the rear fuse panel that feeds the compressor for the EAS. F57 is the fuse for the air suspension ECU, its a 15A and its in the glove box fuse panel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Mark for the detailed information. The reason I am trying to check all fuses is because I am having a suspension fault code C1A27-14 - Short to Ground. I've replaced Compressor, took to dealer, and still they claim I need a new compressor. I just want to verify at least that all fuses are good.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ths is from my 06 Suspension Workshop manual, says VINS 198058 thru 239035 for that code. May go further, but I don't have anything later (that I can find).

Pages from Part 204 Suspension.jpg
This is the power distribution for the compressor and EAS system for the 07 to 10 RRs.

Range Rover L322 Workshop Manual 2007-2010.jpg
Fuse 2 is FF7 in the passenger Compartment Fuse panel, Fuse 3 is FF57 in thepassenger compartment Fuse panel Fuse 4 is Maxi fuse MF62 (40A) in the Central Junction box, Item 6 is fuseable Ling 5P (the 100A feed to the entire rear fuse panel) and Fuse 7 is Fuse 22R (60A) in the rear fuse panel Fuse 9 is fuse 13R in the rear Fuse panel, which is the 5A 12V constant voltage feed to the control module.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is all very helpful! Thank you so much. Do you happen to know where the suspension module is at in the car? I might see if I can find one of those as I believe there might be something wrong with that unit. I can't see how its possible that its a fusible link if the compressor actually works.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mark,

Very, very respectfully given the usual excellent electrical wisdom you provide, I'd like to mention that the fusebox diagram you're referencing is not in any way similar to the MY2010 CJB/fusebox setup.

The MY2010 CJB/fusebox is a sealed unit. There are only regular fuses used in that unit.

The circuit diagram you're referencing shows the older type BCM (under the right front seat) setup but that is not the case on the MY2010, whereby it's incorporated entirely within the CJB/fusebox.

I've rewired two of these MY2010+ vehicles in the past year (water damage) and a MY2008 prior to that. Up to MY2009 is compatible with the diagram provided. MY2010 is not.

They are significantly different. Here's a picture of a MY2010 CJB for reference - the link states "Sport" but it's the same CJB module.

https://www.turnerdiagnostics.com/land-rover/discovery-3/exchange-cjb-bcu-and-key-programming-discovery-3.html

JLR interchange the word "maxi-fuse". I'm sure we're talking about the same part i.e. a black square with flat copper surfaces protruding with a hole at each end, which slides over a stud and is secured by a nut (either 8mm or 10mm). I think the highest one I've seen on a MY2010 is 400A rated.

Regards,

Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mark, in the diagram that shows the Error Code it mentions "Refer to the guided diagnostics routine for this code on the approved diagnostic system" Is this something that can be available or is it in the diagnostic system at the dealership?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Regarding the MY2010 EAS module:

Here's a link to a MY2010+ EAS module for reference. It's located under the right front passenger seat, next to the heat/cool seat module (if fitted). It doesn't look anything like the up to MY2009 EAS module, to be clear.

Usually, the front seat will need to be displaced (run the seat forward, undo the rear 2x10mm bolts then run it backwards and undo the front 2x10mm bolts and allow it to lean/tilt backwards against the back seat) to gain adequate access to that module's cavity, which is under a black plastic shield held in place by 2 plastic clips covering the cavity beneath the seat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-12-RANGE-ROVER-L322-AIR-SUSPENSION-MODULE-CONTROL-UNIT-COMPUTER-RIDE-HEIGHT/302314811019?hash=item46635dee8b:g:g6kAAOSwHGFcbcz0:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!76051!US!-1

(I'm on the road at the moment so only have access to on-line reference images.)

Rob

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It may be but those images came out of my 07 to 10 RR Work Shop manual. wouldn't be the first time some images or info on the manuals are different than reality. This is the unit in an 07 to 09 RR (according to the ebay ad) the part with the fuseable links are in the upper right corner of this picture under that yellow bar code tag. Maybe this has something to do with the weird vehicle build date vs model year that LR seems to use.

s-l1600.jpg .

I know the 2013s and up have a good sized fuse panel in the battery box, next to the battery, and a smaller (than previous years) fuse panel in the back of the lower part of the glove box, and they are completely different. When did that switch occur, 2010? Is the battery installed in in a 2010 underneath and parallel with the windsheild or out under the hood parrallel with the right fender?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mark,

As you likely already know, in the US market, the L322 can be divided into MkI (4.4 BMW engine), MkII 4.4 NA and 4.2 SC JLR based engines (2006-2009) and MkIII 5.0 NA and 5.0 SC JLR based engines (2010-2012).

The MY2010-2012 battery is in the same position as the MY2008 L322's. The main difference in the battery area is that the MY2010-12 ECM is directly in front of the battery vs in a separate "water resistant" compartment on the right side ahead of the upper strut mount.

The fusible links are moved behind the battery, in a small case on the firewall. In place of the prior years' ECM compartment, there is an under-hood fusebox immediately ahead of the right front strut upper mount on the MY2010-12.

The MkIII L322 electrical system is significantly different to the MkII L322's especially the CJB and the ECM, among other system updates.

A quick way to determine the model year (MY) for the OP is if the OP's main instrument panel is the LCD screen type display (vs the up to 2009 analogue looking type instruments) then there will be the later CJB/fusebox setup. If there's a start button instead of the twist-the-key-to-start then it's certainly a MY2010+ (or L322 MkIII for the purpose of this discussion).

Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again for all this info. I was able to solve the problem with my code. I ended up purchasing an OEM compressor and replaced it this morning. Fault code now is gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts