RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

On my 2010 Range Rover I try to select Camera on the dash screen and nothing happens. Recently I have been having issues with the rear camera and now I can't even get to view to show all cameras. Is this something I accidentally turned off? I recently purchased this vehicle so not sure how I should diagnose this problem. The cameras were all good recently until it rained the other day.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
The cameras are very susceptible to cable issues. I recently replaced the center brake light on mine. This involves removing the rear spoiler. When I reassembled it, the camera cable must have had a slight kink in it. As a result, none of the cameras worked. When I corrected that, the cameras came back to life.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have had numerous problems with my camera system. I had one camera replaced around 36k miles and the main control module replaced around 40k miles. I still saw a blue screen the other day on one of my camera angles (45k). Every once in awhile, the system comes in handy but mostly, it's just one more thing to have issues with. Wish I had better advice to give concerning it but if this is your first Range Rover, welcome to the club--electrical gremlins are part of the charm on most of these rigs, including both I have owned.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for the feedback. Not sure how the system works but if one camera goes out can't I still at least go to cameras on the UI and see other ones? My wife actually took it out today and the backup camera came on, then of course when she gets home and I go into reverse it doesn't come up. Just seems like its more than just the camera but maybe the module. Where is the module located and is there a way to diagnose it?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
when my rear cable was bent, it behaved as you describe. I have had issues with the other cameras and they just show a blue screen for the offending camera.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to remove the plastic piece under the camera but not sure which wires to mess with to see if it's a glitch in the wiring. Does anyone happen to know which cable it is that goes directly to the camera?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts