RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder why you may be experiencing some problems with the new RRS?
The combined sales of Jaguar and Land Rover to dealerships rose 28% to 56,700 vehicles from 44,300 units in the second quarter. Land Rover sales increased 34% from the second quarter, helped largely by new models it launched in 2009. Sales of Jaguar rose 12% over the July-September quarter because of strong growth of its XF model.

"Cost-cutting measures are still on in JLR. We are trying to reduce material costs," said C. Ramakrishnan, chief financial officer of Tata Motors.

"We have already cut our [JLR] staff by 2,000 people and the impact of these cost-cutting measures will be seen in coming quarters," he said.

India's biggest auto maker by revenue said it posted consolidated net profit of 6.5 billion rupees ($141 million) for the quarter ended Dec. 31, compared with a consolidated net loss of 25.99 billion rupees a year earlier.

Consolidated net sales surged 48% to 259.8 billion rupees from 175.35 billion rupees.

The company's shares jumped after the results and closed up 6.33% at 711.05 rupees on the Bombay Stock Exchange. That compares with a 1.1% rise in the benchmark index.

The company said its gross profit margin for the quarter was 11.74%.

"Things have started turning around," said Ravi Kant, vice chairman of Tata Motors. "The Jaguar-Land Rover profit is a big turnaround. Cost reduction is happening and that has been reflected in the bottom line. We hope to continue on this path in the future," Mr. Kant said.

The company said the U.K.-based Jaguar and Land Rover brands, which it had acquired from Ford Motor Co. in June 2008, posted a net profit of 4.16 billion rupees for the third quarter. It didn't provide comparative figures.

"Very In_ter_est_ ing Shultz!" (Colonel Klink)
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
472 Posts
They are just doing what they need to do to stay alive.
I'm a 2010 RRS trouble-free owner at 4,500 miles. :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
bop08 said:
The combined sales of Jaguar and Land Rover to dealerships rose 28% to 56,700 vehicles from 44,300 units in the second quarter. Land Rover sales increased 34% from the second quarter
Apparently the dealers didn't send them their warranty claims yet... 8~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
TripleE said:
bop08 said:
The combined sales of Jaguar and Land Rover to dealerships rose 28% to 56,700 vehicles from 44,300 units in the second quarter. Land Rover sales increased 34% from the second quarter
Apparently the dealers didn't send them their warranty claims yet... 8~
I talked to my Service Mgr about the sales being up and he told me on the service end their business is off, said the late model ones just not breaking down. I have had mostly trouble free miles on my '06 now at 125k. This is my first RRS, but I have had four RR's and one Disco. the four RR's 89, 96, and two 2000 models needed much more service than the RRS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
I'm glad to hear that there's an owner who has had a problem free truck. It seems like all I read is bad, but I don't guess people are going to create posts saying how perfect their trucks are.

I've got the bug to get one so keep the positive comments coming.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
Justin_Sherfy said:
I'm glad to hear that there's an owner who has had a problem free truck. It seems like all I read is bad, but I don't guess people are going to create posts saying how perfect their trucks are.

I've got the bug to get one so keep the positive comments coming.

I'm glad you realize that, but for few exceptions we're all pretty hooked on this cars.
I'm still in the fence with LR as a "purveyor of premium automobiles" mainly because if you track the posts, unique problems are pretty rare. Everybody has the same issues, a number of poorly design components (sometimes mayor components) that get replaced under warranty and then problem solved.
Few parts are specific/original to the cars, it's like a Frankenauto with Ford, Volvo, BMW and even some actual LR components, integrating them harmoniously is a daunting task and LR struggles with that integration. IMO
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top