RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets get some info on here

What did you get as far as options? Dealer wanted price? And what you got it for all said and done?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been looking at 2010 RRS HSE

discounts ranging from 3000 to 5000 depending on the color combos (ipanema sand/tan seems the most discounted with white/black and ivory interior being least)

haven't pulled the trigger yet because of all the problems related with this new model

shop entire country, transport costs are less than $1000 typically so if your dealer won't deal look around (you won't get free loaner cars at service time however if you don't buy from them)

good luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was thinking about buying a sport in Cali and driving it back. I'd like to make a vacation out of it. In another post someone talked about a positive experience they had at one of the LA dealers.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Loaner policies vary by dealer. Land Rover North America doesn't have a "loaner policy" in place, so it's up to your local dealer to decide whether you will get a nice loaner, a crappy loaner, a comped rental car, a ride home on one of their shuttles or nothing at all. Buying a car through them helps, but only because you can ask them what their loaner policy is before signing the dotted line.

·
Registered
68 Posts
umbertob said:
Loaner policies vary by dealer. Land Rover North America doesn't have a "loaner policy" in place, so it's up to your local dealer to decide whether you will get a nice loaner, a crappy loaner, a comped rental car, a ride home on one of their shuttles or nothing at all. Buying a car through them helps, but only because you can ask them what their loaner policy is before signing the dotted line.
i bought my RRS at another dealer and took it to LR of Pasadena. Their policy is, from what i've been told on the phone, if it's just a regular oil change then you get a free ride home within 10 miles. If you are going in for a warranty service, then they will provide you with an Enterprise rental car, i got a Chevy compact car.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Still the same cheap bastards I remember them to be... I bought my car at Symes Pasadena (back in late 2005 when they were still sharing the Cadillac dealership next door, now they are at least a Land Rover Center) and could only get crappy Chevys or Saturns through the Enterprise desk when I brought my car in for scheduled maintenance with an appointment - and the rental was complimentary for only 1 day! If the service took them longer - which it almost always did - I had to pay for the extra day(s). That, and the general attitude of their SAs, soured me right away and I haven't been back there in years. I understand they may be a bit more lax with their loaner policies now that they are a separate Land Rover dealership - I heard rumors some lucky customers actually get to drive away in LR2s if they make an appointment weeks in advance! :wink: - but judging by your comment it sounds like non-buying customers still get the Pontiac treatment. Back when I had a warranty, I got a much better experience at Land Rover of Cerritos not far from my office, but probably only because they were a new dealership at the time... In general, SoCal Land Rover service depts. are not the friendliest bunch, because they don't need to be. As long as their new car sales are good, people will still line up by the service gate at 7:45am. :evil:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pulled the trigger on a white/almond 2010 RRS this weekend! The interior really sold it for me. Traded in 2007 silver/black RRS for it and loving the lighter colored interior.

Only got 2k off MSRP but the trade in value plus sales tax savings made it better.

It's a new build so doesn't fall under vin# for service bulletin anything else I should look out for?

·
Registered
66 Posts
colonels said:
Pulled the trigger on a white/almond 2010 RRS this weekend! The interior really sold it for me. Traded in 2007 silver/black RRS for it and loving the lighter colored interior.

Only got 2k off MSRP but the trade in value plus sales tax savings made it better.

It's a new build so doesn't fall under vin# for service bulletin anything else I should look out for?
Congratulations :clap: Please share some pictures and your first impression. I pick my car this coming Wednesday - Finally after 3 months of waiting!

Cheers

·
Registered
458 Posts
TriColor, I feel so badly I haven't posted a video of the comparison between the previous gen and the new. Work has been awful with the economy and them calling me in when I shouldn't be there. Anyway, my dad's, Bali Blue, 2010 SC has been flawless. It runs perfectly, and all the electronics are perfect as well. It's been over two months and it was built in Feb of 2010. HE LOVES THAT TRUCK! So do I. It's my dream car, and my new FX35 and 370Z is nothing compared to it. The Rangie even has the quality to boot. You are going to love that truck like it's noones' business. My pops is a repeat customer in Wisconsin and recieved $3,500 off of retail, plus a great trade-in on a 2008 Full-Sized, Buckingham Blue, RRSC. Someday, I still dream of owning the RRSSC. The new one is truly a feat of engineering, and I still feel bad I didn't have a chance to post videos of the two. (When work permits, I'll get something together. I'm sorry) TriColor, enjoy. You'll know when you drive it. It's reliable as heck and don't let the "first off the line" discourage you. Man, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
120 Posts
so far no problems

other manufacturers already have 2011 in stock... so i kind of feel like i should have gotten more like 5k off MSRP if the 2011 RRS come next month... but if they don't come till September then i guess i'll feel better

going from 2007 HSE to 2010 HSE you can definately feel the power boost in the engine

few things i did consider before buying:
LRX coming out 2011 - decided against it even though it was smoking hot looking, because 2 door, and same engine as LR2 which is still pretty awful MPG
new CAFE MPG standards say Land Rover needs to increase MPG by roughly 60% - this won't be enforced until 2016 so i'll have plenty of time to enjoy this 2010 RRS until then

one thing that does bother me is the rumor that maintenance+wear tear items will be included in 2011 RRS sales... if the price does not increase to appropriately offset the price from 2010 i will raise complaints with LRNA and insist that my 2010 also be covered by the new maintenance plan

·
Registered
66 Posts
colonels said:
one thing that does bother me is the rumor that maintenance+wear tear items will be included in 2011 RRS sales... if the price does not increase to appropriately offset the price from 2010 i will raise complaints with LRNA and insist that my 2010 also be covered by the new maintenance plan
Few weeks ago I heard the same rumor and I asked my dealer to let me know if this is correct - I also mentioned that since I haven't got my car yet (3 months and waiting) I will wait for the 2011 model if its true. He said that he is not aware of this and that only Jaguar is offering the maintenance program. Yesterday he call me to let me know the the car left the port and will be at the dealership today or tomorrow (Originally scheduled for the 25th). In any case, he also mentioned that during the dealership meeting there was no mentioning of the program with LR. Just in case he is wrong I told him that if the 2011 will be covered under this pan I would expect the dealership to honer the same coverage.

Coming from 15 years with BMW I got use to the complimentary maintenance program and if the 2011 will have it after all I'll be very disappointed.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
1098STricolore said:
Coming from 15 years with BMW I got use to the complimentary maintenance program
I think BMW is the chief reason why Jaguar is offering the free maintenance deal as part of their "comeback" strategy. I wouldn't bet on Land Rover necessarily following suit in 2011.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can find how much I paid here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39400

Or to make your life easier :) my MSRP was $80,543 and I got it for 76,543, which I think is a good deal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,

First time poster here and it looks like I've found the most active RR forum on the net! Anyway, just thought I'd update this thread. I am "this close" to pulling the trigger on a 2010 RRS HSE w/lux. Santorini Black with Ivory interior, extended leather package, contrast stitch, piano black trim, hd/sat radio. I pushed for $4K off sticker, plus LR is throwing in 3K for competitive lease (have a BMW lease ending next month), for a total of 7K off sticker. I know the dealer is getting $1500 from Chase for financing through Chase at 3.9 for 60 months. Anyone seeing better than this? Can I or should I ask for more? Any tips for things to look out for during delivery?

·
Registered
120 Posts
7k sounds pretty good remember that in 2 months the 2011 RRS will be out, but if you are leasing it should already be factored into the residiual value (of if they didn't yet then you get a better deal as the car is about to be 1 year old in 2 months for resale)

i got 2k off sticker for mine last month but i paid cash so i wasn't able to get any lease bonus money

enjoy it! it is a significant improvement over the 2007 RRS

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 RR Sport Supercharged in the bay area (CA).

All the options minus the rear DVD player. We got out of the dealer for about 1K under MSRP (as configured on the site).. which isn't bad for the supercharged - at the time, there were only 3 SC models available at dealerships within 100 miles.

I did talk to the dealer a bit and they've got a 2010 RR Supercharged autobiography edition that they've been sitting on for a little while that they were willing to let go of for just over 100 (you could probably talk them down a bit more even)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts