RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am just curious about the some of the deals your guys got for your 2010 Range Rover Sport. Think about buying one and just wanted to know some of the "out the door price" you guys have got.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
Smaller, local dealer got $2100 off and 1.9% for 48mos. Could probably have done better but wanted to support the local dealer......this way back in Nov 2009 for a 2010.

·
Registered
83 Posts
has been discussed a few times here - but back at the end of last year it was very doable to get at least $3,500 off msrp between cash back and financing incentives (on an HSE LUX). i can personally attest that you can significantly beat that deal no problem if you're willing to take a car from current inventory and are a good negotiator. i would also assume that the market has softened a bit since the launch. you can check out current incentives here http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/landrov ... tives.html
either way - don't buy into the "sticker is quicker" mentality or feel any need to support a local dealer. hire a good auto broker and let them work for you (like the ones listed on this site) - then go an do the shopping yourself as well - whoever gets the best deal wins - it's a no-lose situation. any reputable broker will give you a full refund if they can't get a better deal than you can on your own. the "support the local dealer" mentality is nice and all but don't be shocked when they support you back by squeaking every penny out of the deal for themselves and then ripping you off on every insanely-marked-up part and service call (after all, that's where they really make the money). have fun - go tell them what you want to pay and make them give it to you for that - if they don't walk away and go somewhere else. it's the best way to buy a car. or just give them full price and drive off tomorrow - it's your money.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No choice but full MSRP here. My dealer has had some HSE's on the lot for a while that I imagine could be had for less, but there's been a glut of SC's and relatively high demand. It took 6 months for my order to get here and there's a line of people waiting to buy it if I didn't.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you always have the choice not to pay msrp - hire a good auto broker - they will open up the shopping to a much wider variety of dealers - there is NO reason to buy from a local dealer if they won't play ball. there's no better leverage than to go to your local dealer with a quote you already have, they will tell you about why it's important to buy from them, give the local guy the business, you can't service it here if you don't buy it here, yada yada yada. it's all BS - and it's all business. if price matters to you then do what you would do when you buy anything else - shop around - be the consumer - the car business is no different than any other - they've done a fine job of convincing people they should buy from the local guy, but that is their business plan and it's in their interest - not yours. if you don't care about the few grand then buy full msrp from the local guy. that's pretty much it. of course, all of this depends on how set you are on specific options, colors, etc. the more you require, the less leverage you have. basic laws of supply and demand...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got $3,500 off MSRP, in Northern Calif. 2010 RRS HSE, LUX, SAT, HD Radio, threw in the upgraded floor mats and Zurich Shield Protection (interior and exterior) with 1.9% financing for 48 mos. I think I could have got maybe $500 more, but I just wanted to get out of the dealership, terrible sales people, knew a 1/3 of what we as buyers know. How can you not know about only 3 or 4 cars you sell. Hope this helps.

G

·
0 Posts
anyone know when the 2011's are due to be released? You should have even more bargaining power on an 10' when the 11's are out...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
One reason why it is improtant to support local dealers when you live in semi-rural areas is that they are disappearing.

A year ago, there was a RR dealer in Wilkes Barre PA - not anymore, now you have to travel 1.5 hours to Allentown to get service. I felt it was important to have access to the existing dealer 30 minutes a way....especially if I had recurring issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sjg123 said:
you always have the choice not to pay msrp - hire a good auto broker - they will open up the shopping to a much wider variety of dealers - there is NO reason to buy from a local dealer if they won't play ball. there's no better leverage than to go to your local dealer with a quote you already have, they will tell you about why it's important to buy from them, give the local guy the business, you can't service it here if you don't buy it here, yada yada yada. it's all BS - and it's all business. if price matters to you then do what you would do when you buy anything else - shop around - be the consumer - the car business is no different than any other - they've done a fine job of convincing people they should buy from the local guy, but that is their business plan and it's in their interest - not yours. if you don't care about the few grand then buy full msrp from the local guy. that's pretty much it. of course, all of this depends on how set you are on specific options, colors, etc. the more you require, the less leverage you have. basic laws of supply and demand...

I'm shopping for a 2010 HSE in southern calif. I have put in two calls and several email messages to a couple recommended brokers, expecting I might get a call back or return email response within 24 hours. Its now 48 hours. Nada.

Meanwhile, I've been surfing the web deals at individual dealers. Each day, more lease/cash/financing incentives are popping up...yet individual dealers are hiding behind "production limitations, short inventory" etc. I'm kind of puzzled by the schizo behavior. I'm ready to buy. I'm not going to cave and pay full price. No reason to. Some dealers are loaded with inventory. The lease deals are teasers at 10K mi/year. The .9/1.9/2.9/3.9 financing is a good deal. Package that with a few grand off - 3-4% - and you'll make a sale. So why are they holding out? I've made a couple offers already and received the response "sorry we can't do that. Inventory is in short supply, we'd lose money", etc.

By the way, American Express has an autobuying service for card members. I can get a guaranteed $2400 discount off the retail price of an HSE with Sirius. $2750 off a LUX with Sirius. http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good tip on the Amex thing. I'll have to remember that for the future. Unfortunately I get the same thing I get with Costco:

Please note: this vehicle does not have special discounted Cardmember pricing in your area. You may select from the vehicles below that do have discounted pricing in your area, or continue researching this vehicle.
I guess the NW just has higher demand than other places.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hommerun said:
sjg123 said:

I'm shopping for a 2010 HSE in southern calif. I have put in two calls and several email messages to a couple recommended brokers, expecting I might get a call back or return email response within 24 hours. Its now 48 hours. Nada.

Meanwhile, I've been surfing the web deals at individual dealers. Each day, more lease/cash/financing incentives are popping up...yet individual dealers are hiding behind "production limitations, short inventory" etc. I'm kind of puzzled by the schizo behavior. I'm ready to buy. I'm not going to cave and pay full price. No reason to. Some dealers are loaded with inventory. The lease deals are teasers at 10K mi/year. The .9/1.9/2.9/3.9 financing is a good deal. Package that with a few grand off - 3-4% - and you'll make a sale. So why are they holding out? I've made a couple offers already and received the response "sorry we can't do that. Inventory is in short supply, we'd lose money", etc.

By the way, American Express has an autobuying service for card members. I can get a guaranteed $2400 discount off the retail price of an HSE with Sirius. $2750 off a LUX with Sirius. http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
Morning RRS family! I don't know if its cool to quote your own post but here goes.

Update: I took delivery yesterday of a new 2010 RRS HSE LUX - Alaska White with Arabica (aka "brown") interior. Arabica requires the extended leather. If you have not seen the arabica interior check it out. Its really gorgeous. Bought from LR of Cerritos - which is midway between downtown LA and Orange County - north of Long Beach.

How did I arrive at a deal finally?

Brokers: No calls or return email messages from the two brokers I contacted. Both are featured referrals off rangerovers.net by the way.

Dealers: My local dealer in Rancho Mirage won't deal. (Their service department is great though!) They are owned by the worlds top selling - or possibly number 2 - Rolls/Bentley dealership and collocated with them. And unfortunately, the captive market in the desert buys cash...buys sticker. During high season - which is now - it seems like every other car on the road is a Bentley Continental or Flying Spur.

But I did persist in contacting other dealers after researching offers on their web sites. That lead me to LR of Cerritos (with sister branch in Anaheim Hills)

I dug into the LR Cerritos web site and offers - which are very prominent on the home page. They really did leverage a good "teaser" lease offer 48 mo, 10K/year miles, $899 month (plus Tax - which here in Riverside county is 8.75%) - $1648 drive off on any 2010 RRS HSE base - with sticker of $60,995. They have a good stock of inventory and color combinations that qualify for this lease offer. And a ton of inventory in general. Many combos of HSE LUX, Supercharged and even the higher end Autobiography models (amazing rides!).

They also had some really great lead generation tools parked alongside their "e-form" on their website - $250 coupon if you print it and bring it in (added to whatever deal you end up making), free gift etc. Sounds cheesy but when its setup right it works.

They also respond to the e-forms rapidly. They go to one guy - Greg Ryan. He's a pro. He called me right away the next morning. We discussed inventory - HSE base vs. LUX, available color combinations, financing and leasing scenarios. 5 min tops. I can't recommend Greg enough. He's a true pro.

10 min later I got a call back form Greg with numbers. No hassle. No haggle. Direct. Bottom line. And a terrific deal. Way beyond what AMEX was offering and certainly way out of the ball park from what other dealers were offering/positioning. Greg is the fleet/internet manager. Another call back 20 min later with approved financing. I went with the 1.9% 36 month purchase option.

The delivery experience was equally as efficient and professional. He met me at the local Hertz outlet with the new Rover and I drove it over to the dealership (Cerritos is a 2 hour drive from my home - so I got a cheap one-way rental at Hertz Local Edition - less than $50). All the paperwork was ready. All of it. No "add on" sales pitches either. Again, direct. Bottom line. Quick. We signed papers in 5 minutes. And he did a thorough handoff of the car - taking me through all the updates.

And at the end he produced a signature page for a "Land Rover Jaguar Cerritos Land Rover Scheduled Maintenance Program For 2010 Model Year Vehicles". All factory recommended maintenance is free - including loaner car - for 4 years/50K miles. Amazing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thought I'd bump this post, but according to the dealer, Greg is no longer at Land Rover Cerritos. Not sure what happened or where he is at now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts