RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(yes all caps because that's how frustrated I'm getting with this particular RRS failure). I feel like there should be a separate thread for all the phone issues everyone are having. Besides the fact that no two incoming calls would ever be the same, the latest message I keep getting is that my phone device is not recognized. but somehow system recognizes the phone well enough to play my iTunes. Mind you the phone is plugged via iPhone cable and is in it's cradle under the armrest. I will take a pic next time of this message as this is happening frequently.

and as always I will end this with the following - "I'm still vary happy with the car, and love driving it every day".

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are you plugging the Iphone into the optional iphone cable to listen to Itunes while trying to use the bluetooth phone at the same time? That may be the problem. I have an extra Ipod that I use for Itunes and bluetooth works fine in my Iphone.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the phone doesn't sync via the cable - only via bluetooth - the cable will allow you to access the music on your iphone, but the phone connection has nothing to do with it. i have had my '10 for about 2 weeks and have had one instance where the phone would not sync via bluetooth. i shut the car down, shut the phone off, started everything back up again and it worked. i guess this is a known issue and apparently there is an update for the system that might help address - depends what month build your RRS is. if it keeps acting up, bring into dealer and ask them to update the system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChipN said:
Are you plugging the Iphone into the optional iphone cable to listen to Itunes while trying to use the bluetooth phone at the same time? That may be the problem. I have an extra Ipod that I use for Itunes and bluetooth works fine in my Iphone.
I plug in the phone so I can listen to my iTunes, whenever there's an incoming call most of the time music will fade out and bluetooth kicks in. but as of late when I'm receiving a call, music will fade out I'll hear my phone ringing but unable to pick up the call using my steering wheel controls or command unit since it gives me error message "phone device not recognized".

·
Registered
117 Posts
Somebody at the local dealership told me you couldn't use the iphone for both Itunes and Bluetooth at the same time in a 09.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts