RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that Land Rover will no longer pay for the maintenance on the 2010 year model vehicles (except for the first oil change a la Mercedes). That is too bad; it seems only BMW, Audi and VW now pay for the scheduled maintenance on their vehicles. I also contacted LRNA customer relations recently to complain about a simple fix my dealer charged me for and was told that "adjustments" are no longer covered by the bumper to bumper warranty. I have a Range Rover and LR3 and both are still under the factory warranty. The rear sunshade on my LR3 would not stay closed and the dealer charged me $29.10 to fix it and apologized for LRNA not paying for so called "adjustments" anymore. I have always received excellent service from my dealer but I find it absolutely shocking that LRNA is resorting to such incredible policies. I am really saddened with the direction LRNA is taking and will definitely be looking elsewhere when I am in the market for a new vehicle. I was also eager to get the new XJ model when it hits our shores, but I believe I will wait for the new A8 instead.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I hear what you're saying, I have a 545i and the full 3 years of BMW service is nice. I'm under no illusions that it is "free" however, whether I pay for service at the time of service or bundled into the price of the car, it's the same. The new RR prices went up some token amount, a few hundred dollars. They could have increased the MSRP say $1500 and that would have paid for the 3 years of "free" service. It's a wash.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, and I also believe that nothing is free. One of the advantages of owning Land Rovers was the free or let us just say prepaid scheduled maintenance. I am really frustrated though with Land Rover not covering what they call "adjustments". When something in your vehicle does not perform as it should while it is still under factory warranty, it should be covered. A sunshade such as the one in my LR3 not staying closed should have been covered under warranty. I am not concerned about the dealer charge to adjust it as much as I am about the direction LRNA is taking. I realize the economy is bad and LRNA is loosing money and trying to cut corners, but in the final analysis, such actions will ultimately alienate customers, and that is worse than loosing money. Just my 2 cents worth. Have a great day...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes I agree that is troublesome. The dealers get caught in the crossfire when corporate cuts back like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts