RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just replaced my 2008 RRS SC, with a 2010 SC... Super stoked with it, especially the new motor

Navi and entertainment are better but definitely lacking some common user interface niceties. Its still way behind my girlfriend's C class, a C class just shouldn't outdo a Rover in anything (less MPG).

Any hacks or tricks to this nav system been uncovered yet? I have to think somebody is working on a new version of the firmware... considering its a computer, I'd hope somebody is trying to hack it. Be great to get full destination entry while on the go.

As great as the vehicle is... Couldn't they, at minimum, tie the switch in the passenger seat to the nav and unlock destination entry on the go for somebody riding shotgun??!! Hell, it knows when the passenger is too light for the airbag.

Somehow the Rover lawyers think its ok to let me sort through endless playlists and folders on a 160GB iPod while I'm cruising down the highway, yet I can't change my destination? reeeeee'dikaaahlis.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Oso said:
Somehow the Rover lawyers think its ok to let me sort through endless playlists and folders on a 160GB iPod while I'm cruising down the highway, yet I can't change my destination? reeeeee'dikaaahlis.
+1 I know its frickin crazy!!!! I keep finding myself sat at traffic lights after the light has gone green because I need to finish entering my destination............note to self: stop doing that before something bad happens :shock:

I agree with your suggestion Oso; why can't they link up with the passenger airbag sensors to allow the NAV entry when someone is sat in the passenger seat - what's up with that :?:

Megan

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Megan, you one crazy mama. Love your rigs, from the avatar.

Rafa

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
rafa said:
Megan, you one crazy mama. Love your rigs, from the avatar.

Rafa

Thanks Rafa! The Shelby belongs to my husband - don't tell him!!! :shhh:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Oso said:
Hi all. Just replaced my 2008 RRS SC, with a 2010 SC... Super stoked with it, especially the new motor

Navi and entertainment are better but definitely lacking some common user interface niceties. Its still way behind my girlfriend's C class, a C class just shouldn't outdo a Rover in anything (less MPG).

Any hacks or tricks to this nav system been uncovered yet? I have to think somebody is working on a new version of the firmware... considering its a computer, I'd hope somebody is trying to hack it. Be great to get full destination entry while on the go.

As great as the vehicle is... Couldn't they, at minimum, tie the switch in the passenger seat to the nav and unlock destination entry on the go for somebody riding shotgun??!! Hell, it knows when the passenger is too light for the airbag.

Yeah the ipod thing is funny and scary. I won't complain I found myself doing the same thing on a pdi with my ipod and its only an 8 gb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm interested too know as well. I have an '06 RRS SC and am considering a '10 or '11 but like being able to do the "MY06 Nav hack."

-TJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts