RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2010 HSE with 124k miles. I first got a code for a misfire at cylinder 4. I reset it then came back with a few cylinders. Then the CEL went off on its own. Once again it showed up in multiple cylinders. I read about the BG44k cleaner as suggested by Land Rover. I ordered a can which didn't arrive before going on a little road trip of about 500 miles. So i used Techtron. I cleared the codes (icarsoft LRII) and put in one bottle and then a second one on the next fill up (same road trip). No lights as of yet. Seems ok now. When I was getting the codes there was no noticeable misfires or shaking. Although I did feel a slight hesitation when accelerating at times. Almost like driving on a washboard. Like I said, all seems ok now. Just throwing this out there for others before they throw money at coil packs, injectors, etc..Not saying it will cure yours, but as Land Rover suggests, try a good cleaning first.
Wish me luck and the same to you.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like to do SeaFoam treatments every 4-6 months on newly acquired vehicles with high mileage, and then once a year from there on out. It is good to clean off the carbon build up on the injectors and pistons.

That sad, that washboard type rumble was the symptom when my cylinder #2 plug was extremely fouled.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
FWIW the 2010 on Petrol engines are direct injection SO the intake system can get carboned up and not much can clean it except intake removal
The BG44 in the gas will assist in keeping the injectors clean

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Did you perform a timing chain swap and now have misfires? I had the dealer do this and get the rough idle now

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I have no idle issues, completely smooth both my SC (with rebuild) or HSE (no rebuild).

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
from my research most probable is a fouled up injector seal or injector.
I was also instructed to look into the wire harness connectors at the rear of the left cylinder head.
Mine is a comes and goes type of shudder like possibly its an intake leak. I put 2 can of BG 44 and 2 bottle of techron into the fuel but no changes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts