RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
56 Posts
This is the mistake that I've seen a lot of owners make. They get tired of fixing the car and once they get everything fixed, they sell it off. So the buyer really never runs into any issues at all lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I saw this

$(KGrHqZ,!lYF!3Lequ50BQQDVvY)3g~~48_20.JPG

and i thought it was pretty epic :lol:

Reactions: datafoo

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've had a couple of messages asking for a wiring diagram. I think our non-English speaking friends could use a hand if anyone else can chime in.

It's the best I can do with MSPaint.. perhaps our photoshop/CAD guys can do better.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I actually just purchased this module.

Range Rover Rear lights 2010 Original led interface unit

http://bit.ly/Sin2B5

Just hope it works as described. Should be here in a couple of weeks, will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Hello everyone. I've just completed my tail light upgrade, thank you all for your guidance. I wanted to share my experience. I went ahead and purchased the resistors as well as the relays to complete my installation. I removed the brackets, drilled the holes, installed the grommets, etc.
The thing is, I didn't have to install the resistors, the lights work fine, no hyper flash turn signals, they operate normally. I do have the fog on issue, so for now I have just cut the fog wire, I plan to install the relays at a later date. So to be clear, all I did was plug in the new tail lights and cut the fog wire. All is working great. Turn signal flashes normally, tail light on as normal, the 2 rings light up fine, stop light works normally. I found this pretty surprising based on the fact that everyone says resistors are absolutely needed.
I own a 2007 HSE Fullsize, tail lights I purchased are from 2012, the ones with the black background.
I did the installation myself, my truck was completely stock, no modifications.

I did try to install the relays, but they were making a weird buzzing noise, so I removed for the time being. Perhaps I don't have the correct relays? I plan to tackle later on.

·
Registered
499 Posts
stand behind and have someone turn the Range on in the day time with lights set to auto...guarantee you still have the "disco" effect for a few seconds where all the lights flash crazy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Horse86.
Yes. I forgot to mention that. But again it's only for a few seconds and they stop. I don't think it's a big deal, now, if it "disco'd" all the time, then that would be a problem :).
Does Installing the resistors on the tail light, turn signal, and fog lights stop the disco effect?
Did you install the relay fix for the fog light? What relay did you use?

·
Registered
499 Posts
haha mine are actually the exact same as yours. Didn't care to much about disco bc its only a a few seconds and I believe only happens during the day bc my lights are set to auto so they just turn on at night. The fog doesn't bother me enough to spend the $300+ on the module box to fix everything.

I also mounted mine different from everybody in here. I didn't want to drill into my body panel so I drilled out the top hole and took the bracket from the older lights and put the square end into the "tab" on the body panel and used the screw as a pin to hold the light in place and then the inner screws at the tailgate hold the lamp in place. Took some engineering/magivering but now I don't have holes in my Range ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is there no plug and play version available for the 2003? Or will I need to go this route? I don't see any plug and play versions available anywhere.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey great write up! I am having a bit of trouble and hoping someone on here can help me figure this out.

So I did the full front and back end conversion on my 2004, updating it to the 2012 look. I bought led boxes online for the front and the back. Before installing the boxes, I had flickering of the angel eyes and the side light up front, flickering of the side light in the back, constant fog light, flicker of the whole tail light once in a while and the DREADED Hyper Flashing Indicators. After I installed boxes everything was corrected EXCEPT the Hyper Flashing Indicators.

So to remedy the hyper flashing, I tried adding powerful uk resistors, and that didn't work. Then I added in 12v 40AMP relays, and they didn't work either. Today I added a 50W! Bulb into the indicator circuit, and the bloody 50W Bulb is also hyper flashing with the indictors on the tail light.

What I am suspicious off: All the boxes were installed inside the vehicle near the GPS Nav Input System in the trunk on the right. Even the bulb/resistors I added were inside the car and not immediately behind the tail light plug.

Please do note I have a North American Spec vehicle.

Any and all help is appreciated,

Thank You

·
Registered
631 Posts
Best thing to do, and the proper way to upgrade to LED lighting, is to buy an IIDTool. Or use another device that allows you to change the car config.

Disable all hot and cold bulb monitoring.

I have an 06 with full 2012 LED head and tail lights, LED side lights, reverse lights, plate lights, and interior lights. And I didn't bother with any resistors or boxes with capacitors, just disabled all bulb monitoring and works like a charm.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes I was told that as well, but doesn't the hot and cold monitoring function only turn the flicker effect off? I am not sure how it would change the speed of the indicators. The hot and cold monitoring function is there to make sure that no bulb is out, that's why the vehicle sends that pulse around the car. But what I am thinking is that the indicators are hyperflashing, and not flickering, so how to tackle that ahaha.

Best thing to do, and the proper way to upgrade to LED lighting, is to buy an IIDTool. Or use another device that allows you to change the car config.

Disable all hot and cold bulb monitoring.

I have an 06 with full 2012 LED head and tail lights, LED side lights, reverse lights, plate lights, and interior lights. And I didn't bother with any resistors or boxes with capacitors, just disabled all bulb monitoring and works like a charm.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The bulb monitoring definitely fixes the hyper flashing.

When it detects a bulb out, they flash quicker to let you know a bulb is out.

Mine flashed fast until I disabled bulb monitoring.

That's all I did, and I have been running 2012 led headlight assemblies and tail light assemblies for over 2 years, no resistors nothing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh okay sweet, I'll give that a go. Can other tools disable the hot and cold monitoring function or only the IID tool? I am wondering if the dealership would be able to do it.

The bulb monitoring definitely fixes the hyper flashing.

When it detects a bulb out, they flash quicker to let you know a bulb is out.

Mine flashed fast until I disabled bulb monitoring.

That's all I did, and I have been running 2012 led headlight assemblies and tail light assemblies for over 2 years, no resistors nothing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
While the IIDTool does get rid of the hyper flashing on my 07 i do still have the issue of the rear fog lights always being on. I will probably just clip the wire though since I don't use them anyway.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't think your rear fogs are on. Just checked mine, as yesterday my friend was following me and said the tail lights are really bright. We compared them in park, vs with the brake pedal pushed, and then switching the rear fogs on and off. The rear fogs come on and they get brighter and it's clear when I switch them on and off. So I think the LED tails are just really bright.

·
Registered
362 Posts
@btmfuturesho did you have to wire anything at all in the front for the 2012 lights? Did you have afs?

I have a 08 SC that I just picked up and trying to retrotfit the front and rears. I have to check if mine has AFS but did you just buy the 2012 headlights and plug them using all original wiring? I have the gap tool as well.

Does the body need to be drilled for the 08-09 l322 taillights or was that only for 03-07?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Headlights will not work properly if just plugged in. The plug is the same but the wiring is different between '06-'09 and '10-'12 headlights. AFS is not compatible and won't work, the lights will just lock in straight ahead position and you will get the flashing yellow squid on your dash until you remove AFS with an ID tool. When you do it, put a write up on how you did it :)
Attaching the wiring diagram I used for the head lights.

Tail lights will require drilling and are plug and play with the exception of disco lights and fog light issue. Get the Powerful UK adapter to take care of both.

Headlight wiring for NAS spec

Tailight adapter from Powerful UK - Simple relays, resistors, diodes and capacitors. All off the shelf stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is the mistake that I've seen a lot of owners make. Nox Vidmate VLC They get tired of fixing the car and once they get everything fixed, they sell it off. So the buyer really never runs into any issues at all lol.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts