RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dates are set fellas: The rally will be held in Moab, Oct. 19-23, 2010.

I'm gonna be upset if I don't see more of you there this year...and yes, bone stock Sports can go.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
As Umberto mentioned a bit ago. Still too early in the bill process to gauge how far this will go, but...

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1925
Yeah, about that. I received the following canned response just today from my local Congressman in reply to my message of opposition to this bill. Apparently, he is on board with the tree huggers from New York since he co-signed HR 1925! :evil: It doesn't look good for Moab and vicinities as venues for wheeling events such as the National Rally in the not-too-distant future... :(

Dear Mr. B:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concern about America's Red Rock Wilderness Act (H.R. 1925). I appreciate hearing from you and welcome your input.

As you may know, America's Red Rock Wilderness Act would designate Federal land in the State of Utah as wilderness, including up to 9 million acres of pristine land that would be designated as components of the National Wilderness Preservation System. These unique areas display a rich mosaic of biological, archaeological, and scenic diversity. In addition, many threatened species are also found within this region. Wilderness designation would protect lands already owned by the federal government from development, motorized vehicles, mining and drilling.

I share your belief that people should be able to access public lands for their recreational use, but it is also important that we preserve public lands for future generations to use. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind when this issue is considered on the House Floor.

An on-going job of a Representative in Congress is to help constituents solve problems with federal agencies, access services, and get their questions answered promptly. On my website, I offer a detailed guide to the services my office can provide to you as a constituent. I also encourage you to subscribe to the Washington Update, my email newsletter which contains information on local events, my work in Washington, and even lets you weigh in on important issues through online polls. Visit me online at http://schiff.house.gov to subscribe. Please know that you can always reach me at (626) 304-2727 or via my website if I can ever be of additional assistance.

Thank you again for your thoughts. I hope you will continue to share your views and ideas with me.

Sincerely,

Adam B. Schiff
Member of Congress

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
what's up the butt of NY politicians!?!
The way my admittedly very simple mind understands it, it is a quid pro quo between NY Democrats and the current White House. RR drivers and other users are just sidebar casualties in the real war that's being waged against the oil and gas & mining industry by the current administration. Notable by their absence in H111-1925 are the three Representatives from UT, I believe one is a Democrat and the other two are Republicans. Believe me, the NY congressman and woman sponsoring those bills have more than enough problems in their own districts to worry about right now than worrying about Moab, etc..

·
Registered
178 Posts
TripleE said:
Dates are set fellas: The rally will be held in Moab, Oct. 19-23, 2010.

I'm gonna be upset if I don't see more of you there this year...and yes, bone stock Sports can go.

Why dont these events ever happen on the East Coast! You guys get to have all the fun.

I'm still hoping to take my RRS off road at least once before my lease is over in June.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I'll be there! there's MAR on the east coast, mud, mud and mud from what I understand.

The Rally is held by the colorado LR club, so it's kind of natural to be in their back-yard. On the way out this year I saw a DII with Quebec plates in a gas station parking lot, missed the owner...

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I think the Amtrak "car train" only goes on commuter routes, but last year I heard there were a couple guys with buggies that shared a flatbed 18 wheeler... may be able to get in on something like that.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
Pity about the dates...those are going to be impossible practically to get away...but, there's always Moab at Christmas time.

EEE - did you sign up for Bill Burke's 5 day Christmas trip - New Year's in Moab...I'm tempted to drop in for a day or two on my way back from Cali...slight detour thru Boise, down to Moab, criss cross Colorado and then back to flat Texas...

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang it P, stupid fiscal year... I would love to do Bill's Xmas thing, he mentioned that at the Rally didn't he? Too much $ for me at the moment, but it's something we want to do in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts